You can't call G-Shock COLLECTION if you don't have....
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: You can't call G-Shock COLLECTION if you don't have....

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

You can't call G-Shock COLLECTION if you don't have....

You can't called any buying hobby a "COLLECTION" if you have less than 3 of the same kind. Agree?

In Your Honest Opinion, You can't call a good G-Shock COLLECTION if you don't have....XXXX (model) in hand.

I'll start first. You gotta have one Non-Blue/Green illum G-Shock:

Re: You can't call G-Shock COLLECTION if you don't have....

I'd say, even though I have neither, a classic dw5600 and a frogman. Those are the two that say 'g-shock' to me. I've a gw5600bcj, which is close enough for me. Hmm, maybe a mudman, too.

hi bud i have a great collection of G shocks and i tell you the 5600 i hate i will never own one as i just dont like them
    i have froggies muddies atomics and a lot more but the 5600 series i just cant bring myself to buy sorry
    IMO

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

I'd have to say a G with metal/resin or all metal. Oh and add to that a G-bible for reference

Everytime I go phamacy I found myself often debat to get this one or not....that $20...

i have to go with the DW-6900, because its widely available, big and chunky, many models to choose from, basic but useful functions, and the standard models can be had for very little money..

This kind of goes back to that "which models are classics/icons" thread. For me, and the little G experience I have, I'd say a 5600, 6600, 6900, and 9000 are some of the models that exemplify G for me. They say "G-Shock" to me and are some of the more affordable tough ones out there, which in my mind, is what makes a G a G.
    Last edited by NickDolin; November 21st, 2007 at 06:23.

In that case, I am short of a collection for my Frogman (1), Mudman (2), DW5600 (1) and DW6600 (1)

Quote Originally Posted by wuyeah View Post
    You can't called any buying hobby a "COLLECTION" if you have less than 3 of the same kind. Agree?
    No one ever works out and regrets it. You never go for a run, and then when you're finished, wish you would have stayed home. You never climb a mountain, get to the top, and say, "I should have just been content to stay where I was."

Oh, for the main question, how can you quantify a requisite for a collection? What of comic books with vast issues? Would 3 be sufficient out of a comic that has produced hundreds of issues? Probably not... Collecting to me is more subjective and is only quantifiable by the collector IMO. I collect watches, I also am an enthusiast, if I sell a few does this change my status as either, IMO, No. A collector is someone who identifies themselves as such, there are people with 3 of the same shirt in different colors (my wife) but by no means would she say she is a collector of that type of shirt. I'm not jumping down your throat, as I see my post may come off as aggressive, it isn't, just sharing my 2 cents, or with the falling dollar, 3 cents...

Quote Originally Posted by muxinick View Post
    Oh, for the main question, how can you quantify a requisite for a collection? What of comic books with vast issues? Would 3 be sufficient out of a comic that has produced hundreds of issues? Probably not... Collecting to me is more subjective and is only quantifiable by the collector IMO. I collect watches, I also am an enthusiast, if I sell a few does this change my status as either, IMO, No. A collector is someone who identifies themselves as such, there are people with 3 of the same shirt in different colors (my wife) but by no means would she say she is a collector of that type of shirt. I'm not jumping down your throat, as I see my post may come off as aggressive, it isn't, just sharing my 2 cents, or with the falling dollar, 3 cents...
    I agree...and why would you really want to be seen as a 'collector' anyway? What does it mean? Nothing to me except perhaps that may be someone is compulsively acquiring things that they don't really need in an effort to attain an exclusive collection of some stuff.

I enjoy my two G's...I don't feel a need to qualify for collection status.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information