You ever feel bummed out that a new watch got all scratched up a day after you bought it?

Thread: You ever feel bummed out that a new watch got all scratched up a day after you bought it?

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Question You ever feel bummed out that a new watch got all scratched up a day after you bought it?

I do.

I don't like it when my watch face and band gets all scratched up.

But, that isn't the part that is important though.

The important part is that the watch still works for what you need it for, to keep accurate time.
    The MTG is retired and the 5600 too. Right now, the only working G-Shocks that I use and enjoy are the Riseman GW9200-1 and the GW6900-1

If I can own a Rolex Submariner I would. I know they are tough too, their homages are tough. Trust me.

G-Shock MTG930DA-8V, G-Shock GW-5600J-1. G-Shock Riseman GW9200-1, G-Shock GW6900-1

Re: You ever feel bummed out that a new watch got all scratched up a day after you bought

I suppose it depends if you buy a new watch because it'll look unblemished compared to all your others. If so, a new watch which looks old within a day has been a short-lived investment.

I don't tend to destroy my watches - in fact I'm probably only on the G forum because I rediscovered my G from 1988 which was near-mint in all that time.

So any blemish on my watches tends to annoy me. The exception is an Oris XXL that I wore exclusively for about 7 years, which could really do with a polish now.
    The Search function on vBulletin forums isn't very smart. If you want to search for a complete string in the G-Shock forum, or for posts which include multiple words, use Google, and enter site:forums.watchuseek.com/f17 into the search box. Then use normal google syntax after that to enter your search.

Re: You ever feel bummed out that a new watch got all scratched up a day after you bought

Yes and no.

Of course it's a bit depressing when your perfect watch isn't anymore, but then once it's got that first scratch you can stop worrying about it.
    'I never done it'

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

I do. And I don't care if my watch is still working. It really puts me off.

Moderator G-Shock Forum

Im very pissed about scratches on the crystal.
    Thats why i like the Gs with its recessed crystal.

Once i give away a Swatch chrono after 1 day of use because the protuding plastic lens was instantly scratched.
    I never bought one again.

I bought a white GA-100 from G-shock East in London.

1 week later I bumped a lamp post and it scratched the bezel up.

Just waiting for replacement parts now.

Gutted :(

Yes absolutely. Thats why my new poison is G-Shocks. I started collecting watches with Breitlings, then moved on to Panerai. It got to a point that I didnt even wear them in fear of a scratch or scuff or whatever. Then started with Rolex, bought a few of them and felt the same way.

My G-shock habit is much easier to deal with. The watches are much less expensive, less to worry about, and more fun IMO. I feel that if I trash one or scratch it to a point that it annoys me, Ill just go get another one
    Last edited by BenzTech; September 15th, 2010 at 01:46.

Oh yeah. Been there many times. The infamous 'day of the first scratch'.

+1 regarding crystal scratches and the advantage of G's recessed crystals.
    Ghobbit

i hate it when that happens... had my g-rescue gulfman for a few days and scratched the crystal while swimming in the ocean... but i treat the scratches like battle scars, each "major" scratch tells a story

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information