You ever let your solar G-Shock go down to Recharge-Low to test everything out?

Thread: You ever let your solar G-Shock go down to Recharge-Low to test everything out?

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Question You ever let your solar G-Shock go down to Recharge-Low to test everything out?

I just did.

Yep, it works.

Re: You ever let your solar G-Shock go down to Recharge-Low to test everything out?

I guess I'm the only one.

Re: You ever let your solar G-Shock go down to Recharge-Low to test everything out?

My Riseman goes to medium but never below that. Thats in the UK where daylight is often poor and the watch lives under my shirt sleeve.

I may try it with my MTG-900 now you have mentioned it.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Might be hard to do. I work nights though so I'll pick out one of my solars to punish so to speak and see if it works.
    -Nate
    -----------------------------------------------------------------
    "Reality is merely an illusion, albeit a very persistent one."
    -Albert Einstein

You can keep your solar watches in a bright light for awhile to recharge too.
    Last edited by G-Shocks Are Cool.; February 15th, 2009 at 01:06.

You can keep your solar watches in a bright light for awhile to recharge.
    Last edited by G-Shocks Are Cool.; February 15th, 2009 at 01:05.

Exclamation Re: You ever let your solar G-Shock go down to Recharge-Low to test everything out?

Quote Originally Posted by G-Shocks Are Cool. View Post
    I just did.

Yep, it works.
    That's fine, but don't make a habbit of it as these types of rechargable cell/battery do not like being heavily drained as a rule.
    I could go into the detail but it would take way to long, however you can research this information by reading about the chemical construction of the rechargable cells/battery used in these watches as I have.
    I advise people to try and maintain their solar watches between medium and high charge, with most of the cells/batteries life maintained at full charge or high status if possible, as this will prolong the cell/battery life.
    It is good to use the features of the watch also, so that a little discharge occurs and thus allowing the solar techhnology to trickle charge the cell/battery a little, to keep it topped up to full charge/high status.

i let mine going to low many times and always worked fine

Quote Originally Posted by zapiao View Post
    i let mine going to low many times and always worked fine
    As I have detailed in my previous post, you can do it, however to get the maximum life from the solar cell it is best not to allow the cell to be drained to low levels regularly, as this type of cell is designed to be at it's optimum when fully charged, with light discharge through usage of the watch, and then topped back up to full charge via the solar technology.
    Treat the solar technology as a trickle charger, it's there to just keep gently topping up that rechargable cell at a slow rate, to maintain it at full charge.
    Please note that these cells are not like a normal rechargable battery which prefers to be fully discharged and recharged fully.

I've never tried it but when i first got them they were at low or medium all the time. It took about 3 months to get to high but it never dropped since then even when they're kept in a dark drawer.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information