You know you're a G-shock-aholic when....
Like Tree197Likes

Thread: You know you're a G-shock-aholic when....

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

You know you're a G-shock-aholic when....

Some humor is always a good thing. I think this kind of thread has been posted before, but it never hurts to revive it -- new people, posts, etc.

What caused the idea to pop into my head just now was that I read the thread about identifying a g-shock from a photo -- not really thinking I'd be able to ID it -- and when I saw the photo it took me about 200 milliseconds to ID the watch in question!!

So I already know that I AM a g-shock-aholic. I'll put some of my reasons why below (some true, some stretched, some complete lies..hehe). Please add your own reasons!

You know you're a g-shock-aholic when:

• on any given day, you wear at least 3 different g-shocks
    • your g-shocks take up more storage space than your clothes
    • in any given month, it's not a question of "if" a g-shock purchase will be on your credit card -- but 'how many'...
    • you pick your clothes for the day around the g-shock(s) you plan to wear -- and not the other way around
    • you know the history of the g-shock brand better than Casio reps
    • you might forget the names of your kids -- but you NEVER forget the name of your favorite g-shock model!
    • a single color of a model you really like is not enough..
    • you ALWAYS have browser tabs open to Ebay, your favorite Japanese retailers, and of course the WUS forum!!
    • you have memorized your credit card number (and the 3-digit security code) - not because you've tried to, but because you've used it so much it's burned into your memory!
    • you are one of Paypal's favorite customers -- due to so much use of your account!
    • you recognize the sound of a UPS truck from 3/4 mile away, before your dog even hears it...

...I could go on, but I'd like to hear some of the reasons why YOU know you are a g-shock-aholic!
    Last edited by Time4Playnow; December 10th, 2014 at 05:15.

Re: You know you're a G-shock-aholic when....

#3 and #11 for sure.

A few more from me.

Every night your wife yells at you to "Get off the Computer" and quit "researching" G-Shocks
    You have in your eBay watch list and Amazon wish list, saved watches you tell yourself you are going to buy....someday
    And you renew those listings when they expire or end
    You justify why you need multiple sets of resins for the same watch, along with crystals
    Casio/ Citizen/ G-Shock/ Pro Trek/ Seiko

When you buy your wife a G-Shock for her birthday when she has absolutely no interest in them just so you can buy one more.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

1) Will definitely buy the watch you like no matter what reasons you give yourself not too. 😆😆😆
    2) is never too many to add more to your collections
    3) you will always eye on those wrist that has a gshock on it and try to figure out what model is that.
    4) you try to convince yourself to stop buying but when u see latest release you still add to cart and check out by the end of the day.

Ditto my son. He is three years old, can't tell the time but has four G Minis.

When "this is the last one, I promise" is a meaningless statement that you don't even believe yourself.

Man, some of those really hit home. Especially the UPS one. Once my UPS guy actually said to me, "The truck just automatically stops here."

There are many but I can add a few:

--If you are on a first name basis with the Macy's sales associate... There are a couple that even call me when Friends and Family is coming up, and if I let them know of a new model before it's available (red camo for instance) they will let me know when it arrives and hold it for me.

--You clear your schedule and spend the day at home because you know you will have a package to sign for

--Another one is that you are constantly refreshing your screen anytime Starscream starts a new thread about new upcoming models, and updates with pictures are coming soon

--Also I would add to your point about the open browser a window open to the pacparts order status page

Great thread, BTW...I'm glad to know it's not just me

- in the early morning, browsing f17 and other shopping sites makes you more awake and energetic THAN A CUP OF COFFEE

- You believe your G would give you more power and courage to do/try things that you are used to shy away

LOLZ

Quote Originally Posted by Knives and Lint View Post
    Man, some of those really hit home. Especially the UPS one. Once my UPS guy actually said to me, "The truck just automatically stops here."

There are many but I can add a few:

--If you are on a first name basis with the Macy's sales associate... There are a couple that even call me when Friends and Family is coming up, and if I let them know of a new model before it's available (red camo for instance) they will let me know when it arrives and hold it for me.

--You clear your schedule and spend the day at home because you know you will have a package to sign for

--Another one is that you are constantly refreshing your screen anytime Starscream starts a new thread about new upcoming models, and updates with pictures are coming soon

--Also I would add to your point about the open browser a window open to the pacparts order status page

Great thread, BTW...I'm glad to know it's not just me

"Especially the UPS one. Once my UPS guy actually said to me, "The truck just automatically stops here." LOL!!!! That one really cracks me up!! No driver has (yet) said that to me, but I bet they were thinking something similar!! haha (and about the UPS truck, I was kind of exaggerating about hearing it before my dog -- we both kind of hear it about the same time -- and she gets just as excited about the truck as I do! ..but for different reasons. hehe Like, she wants to chase it and/or the driver. So far I have not had any such inclination - but that could happen if he were to skip my house when I'm expecting a delivery!)

Oh, yes, some of yours hit home with me too!

For me, I really do have F17 and Ebay open in browser tabs ALL the time -- and sometimes a Japan retailer too. Pac parts is only occasionally open for me. (thank goodness!! or I'd go broke buying spare parts! Though now that I mention this -- just so happens I DO have some new resin on the way for my new RAF..hehe)

Quote Originally Posted by MCZK View Post
    When "this is the last one, I promise" is a meaningless statement that you don't even believe yourself.
    Oh, yes, you got that right MCZK, I sometimes hear myself saying or thinking that "this is the last one for x number of months." I don't really believe it, and it just about never turns out to be true!

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread Information