You Turn Me On, I'm A Radio - Rally Mudman Weakest "Sync.'er"?

Thread: You Turn Me On, I'm A Radio - Rally Mudman Weakest "Sync.'er"?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

You Turn Me On, I'm A Radio - Rally Mudman Weakest "Sync.'er"?

My Rally Mudman has never done well sync'ing in Manhattan -- but that is not, perhaps, a great test. Sync'ing from my building has always been a bit hit or miss.

Last night, in upstate New York, free from Manhattan's tall buildings and heavy RF interference, I neatly lined up a number of solar/atomic G's in west facing windows for the evening. All were set to auto-sync: I had my Rally Mudman along with the following: Two Silencers, Two Five Hole Atomic/Solar Mudmen ("standard" and Master Blue); three variations of atomic/solar 5600s, two variations of atomic/solar 5500s, a GW-700A, a GW-1310A, an AWG-500, an MTG-1000RB.

In a box under my bed, i.e., not placed in a west facing window, I had a solar/atomic Gulfman, yet another solar/atomic 5 hole Mudman, a solar/atomic 5500, and a PAW 1300.

Every single watch sync'd last night -- in the window and under the bed -- with the sole exception of the Rally Mudman. (The previous night, all watches sync'd, including the Rally Mudman). I'll keep watching it this week, but either this model has weaker reception (which I speculated about here and elsewhere when I got it many moon ago) or I just got a "bad" one.

Re: You Turn Me On, I'm A Radio - Rally Mudman Weakest "Sync.'er"?

Lets hope its not a lemon. My 2 GW6900 synced last night surprisingly, in a tin, in a box, in the closet. It never synced when I lined them up by the window.
    Couple of watches here and there

Wow, maybe I should take mine out of the window where they don't sync and put them in a box somewhere!!

--Greg

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

All my atomics are lined along my window sill every night. The Rally probably misses the sync the most often - at least once a week. The others sitting right next to it hit the sync every night. My wifes Baby-G never leaves her wrist and it syncs every time. Go figure.

unfortunately i don't have a huge statistic sample like you to make comparisons, but side to side in the same position, my 5 band (five hole tough solar) mudman synchronizes much better than the riseman, they both sync but as far as signal reception goes, i get a L3 from the five holes and L1 or L2 from the Riseman

Just my 2 cents on the topic

my rally mudman syncs almost every night. There have been 2-3 times I can think of in the last two months where I put it on and noticed the little G was absent from the face indicating it is not up to date. All my other atomics sync every night whether I wear them to bed or not.

I am on my second Rally Mudman (from a WUS member) after I lost the first one in a lake.

This one exhibits similar sync'ing behavior as the first one did. I have found one spot in our house where it reliably syncs about 90% of the time. Anywhere else and its very hit-or-miss.

The old one I had sync on my wrist a couple of times while camping, so maybe it was better because I was out of doors.

I plan to move this one around the house a bit more and wear it at night to see if I can get it to sync more frequently then it does when on the sill in the bathroom window (the 90% spot).

I guess maybe its an excuse to consider another solar/atomic model.

I don't know why it is but every time i wear mine to bed they sync up. the only atomics I have are the Riseman and Rally Mudman.

UPDATE: It has sync'd the past two nights -- along with every other solar/atomic in the house.

mine syncs at night with no problem. none of my G's will sync during the day, ever.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information