Your desert island watch

Thread: Your desert island watch

Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Your desert island watch

Which watch would you want with you if you were stranded on a desert island? Actually, it doesn't even have to be a desert island-could be jungle, desert, wherever. Which watch would you want to see you through such an ordeal?

I think I'd pick the new solar atomic Mudman (9000, I believe). My guess is that it's basically the most resilient watch out there (among mass production watches) to the wide variety of stresses a watch might face. The mud resistant property specifically sets it apart from other g-shocks. The solar capability means you'd have the time when its competitors had run flat.

I thought about a Pathfinder, but the Mudman just seems tougher. I realize that it might be nice to have the compass and such, but I'm more interested in the durability aspects of this question.

Re: Your desert island watch

On an island, I'd have the Silencer GW-400.
    In a jungle, I'd have the Solar / Atomic Mudman.

You didn't stipulate if it is a watch we already own, or if it is the ideal watch we may not own, but would certainly wish to have under those circumstances :)

I have chiseled my collection down to few, so if it is down to only what I have. As much as I would love to bring my 25th Anniversary Black Dawn Mudman, without solar, it wouldn't serve me well when the battery died, so my Pathfinder PAW1300g it is.

If we are talking a watch we would WISH to bring.....it would be the not yet released PAW1500T the black faced one. Need as versatile a watch as possible, so as nice as a G-shock would be, those extra features would be especially handy for the compass, weather, and tide if we are talking the 1500.

Nice thread.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

It would need to be G-Shock, 200m, atomic (given there's no other clock to set it from) ans solar for obvious reasons for an island so I'd currently say the GW-400 as well.

My froggy!
    Rolex Explorer, Tudor Pelagos, Sinn EZM3

TTT

I'd go with a GW-9000A as well. I don't know if I trust the CTL1616 modules or not, but I'd say it's as good as any.

My froggy too! (Master Blue 25th)...

Solar...WR ISO 200M...perfect for desert island...
    Last edited by ADAN; February 13th, 2008 at 10:13.

Wink Re: Your desert island watch

Black Helios Frogman I think...but that might change tomorrow, or the ay after that, or...

Cheers,

Sjors

There are only 10 kind of people. Those who understand binary and those who don't.

Bezoek ook eens het Nederlandstalige WUS forum: Kaliber 2010

Banned

G-2300. Depending on the island/jungle an atomic watch may be a moot point is it can't receive a signal. Tough solar would be more than enough for me.

Solar, I guess, but would I necessarily expect the solar charging system to last ten years? If not, a watch with a ten-year battery would do, particularly if the battery was fresh.

I would rule out mechanicals, so of my existing watches I'd go for the atomic Gulfman - better reliability record than the G5600, more rugged than the Protrek.
    I used to list my watches here until I realised it ruined people's Google searches...

Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Thread Information