Your Ebay names??

Thread: Your Ebay names??

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Your Ebay names??

I think I may have just out bit a regular member on Ebay for a watch. I am not sure. I do not buy a lot of watches from the bay but there are certain peoples auctions that I watch and once in a while a deal comes alone that I can not pass up as was the case a few minutes ago.

I am the kind of person that if I a friend of mine is bidding on an item I will not bid on it and hope they get it. I look at it this way. I can almost certainly find it again later.

Your thought on this?

Anyway brings me to my question. What are your Ebay names? and if I see you bidding on an item I will not bid.

If you are trying to snipe as I do and I out snipe you sorry but I had no idea you were bidding.

I am Stan2323 on the bay.
    Stan The Man

Careful what you wish for. YOU MAY GET IT!!!

Re: Your Ebay names??

Interesting thread, but cool that you wouldn't do that as it helps us all out. I'll play too, nick_dolin is the username on eBay that I go by. I'll also go along with the not outbidding other forum members, its like an out of respect deal, I like it.

gibbo1039

Watches are frickin evil!

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

no offense meant to anyone but i take the view that it is a free or open market. anyone can bid on an item that is on auction. i have been outbidded by others that i know and i don't take any offense.

just my two cents worth. cheers.

Feel free to outbid me. Free market and all. My wife would thank you, too.

However, also feel free to check and see what random bits I'm selling whenever you feel like.

competitioncomposites

OTOH if the seller is also someone on this forum, then it's a wash.

lexxorcist23. I don't mind being out-sniped, there's plenty more G-Shocks in the 'bay.
    "The future is something which everyone reaches at the rate of sixty minutes an hour, whatever he does, whoever he is." C S Lewis

Quote Originally Posted by Unit 91 View Post
    My wife would thank you, too.
    Same here! LOL
    /CutePape
    Dream as if you'll live forever. Live as if you'll die today.” - James Byron Dean

Another forum I belong to has an ebay section for members to link to items they think others may be interested in, together with a sticky thread with the members ebay names. Whilst I will participate in the items found for sale my ebay name is not listed.
    If I want something I bid as to my maximum, regardless of who is bidding. If I find something I want when looking through ebay then I won't link to it on the forum.
    I have already noticed that people on here have an over inflated view of what they think their watches are worth when it comes to selling them on, I think so far I have only found one thread where the items being sold on was a genuine bargain.

Since in general this site is a collector site this is a very short sighted idea, I will literally outbid my own mother if I want a particular item.

If this was a classic car site, then a slightly different concept so I would see the need for such a thread containing ebay names, or maybe just the items found.
    ebay has become so full of dealers with very few individuals selling off no longer wanted watches, many of these listings have near dealer start prices now, the few normal listing are so low that if now simply isn't good anymore.
    I personally wish ebay would have two distinct sections one for dealers and one for individuals (this is for all items not just watches) afterall the idea behind what started ebay wasn't for dealers but collectors to swap and sell to each other.
    Although I wouldn't regard myself as a dealer I do sell a fair bit on ebay and these sales fund my buying on ebay to the extent that I haven't had to pay using outside funds for a few years now. I sell items at good prices and way below shop prices (virtual or real shops) so my buyers ARE getting a bargain...ok not as good a price as I have paid but still a saving. I have even sold american products back to the US, which even with shipping is cheaper than the items could be bought for in the US...now that IS crazy.

I'm all for it being left to fate. If you get outbid, then you and that watch just weren't meant to be.

On the other hand, I was the only bidder on my last purchase, which had a very reasonable starting price.

Besides, if we artificially hold down prices what happens when we want to sell? Personally I always do a bit of research on what is a reasonable price before bidding on anything, and will only bid up to what I think is reasonable based on completed auctions-so if the last few went for pennies then that's all I'll bid.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread Information