Is your favorite model what you thought it would be?
Like Tree54Likes

Thread: Is your favorite model what you thought it would be?

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Is your favorite model what you thought it would be?

Seems like as time goes on a favorite model chooses its wearer. You might think you dig the 9400 above all but find that you end up with a few 8900s or 6900s instead.
    Fullers1845 likes this.
    A man wearing a watch, outside of purely social functions (where, strictly speaking, a watch is not supposed to be worn), makes it clear to everyone in his purview that they are in the presence of a man who considers his time something of value, not something to be wasted.

A man wearing an ostentatiously expensive watch makes it clear to everyone in his purview that they are in the presence of a man who considers little.

Re: Is your favorite model what you thought it would be?

I love to wear GW-9400 but I have to do it with my eyes closed most of the time because of the looks.
    watchusthappened and idkfa like this.

Mostly yes... my favourite model is the gw-9401kj the only thing that I don't like is that the Rangeman is heavier than my "ordinary" G-Shocks.

Inviato dal mio SM-G935F utilizzando Tapatalk
    Watches are fun IF you don't take them seriously.
    Too many watches for my signature... this is my SOTC thread on f71

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Yes, pretty much so.
    Would be an analog, and would be in line with one of the the Watches I own.

Timepieces

2017 CASIO G SHOCK GWN 1000H 9AJF
    2017 CASIO G SHOCK GWN Q1000NV 2AJF
    2017 CASIO G SHOCK GWN Q1000MB 1AJF
    ​2017 CASIO G SHOCK GWN Q1000K 7AJR ICERC
    2017 CASIO G SHOCK GWG 1000DC 1A5JF
    2017 CASIO G SHOCK GWF D1000NV 2JF
    2017 CASIO G SHOCK GW 9300DC
    2017 CASIO EDIFICE EF 305 1AV
    1990 ROLEX GMT II M16713LN STAINLESS/GOLD

I have no problems with the looks of the Rangeman - bear in mind that I have it for merely two months, so possibly still the honeymoon phase. I especially grew fond of it, as I change to it everytime I come home from work, so it is now a symbol of freedom :) The question wasn't directed at me as I have only one G, but I had to defend the 9400.
    Monzer likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by SicTransit View Post
    I love to wear GW-9400 but I have to do it with my eyes closed most of the time because of the looks.
    I completely understand where you're coming from, it is the same reason I was put off of getting a ranger for such a long time. In the end, I decided it that *in Danny Glover's voice* "I'm too old for this ...." (Yes, quoting Lethal weapon, I'm THAT old), said screw caring about what everyone else would think of me.

The main reason I get a G is because of its toughness, its features & its multi-band / solar convenience, so I decided function over form. And then I grew to love my ranger for it, for being unashamedly function over form. I still think it a bit silly when someone calls a couple thousand euro rolex that "only" tells time (and being mechanical, not very accurately) a "Tool Watch"

Don't get me wrong, I LOVE, the Rolex submariners, and one day, I might get myself one, just like I appreciate a fancy suit; Not very practical but definitely classy & fancy

I wouldn't wear my G walking my daughter down the aisle, but I also wouldn't wear a Rolex when I'm off cycling, hiking, camping, diving, swimming, working out, playing "kung fu fights" with my daughters, rolling around the park with my dog or when I need the exact time to know if I'm going to catch my train / bus.

And since one of these scenarios happens once or twice in a life time, while the others are pretty much daily or at the very least weekly, my ranger gets 99% of my time now, and for "dress" occasions, I have a diver seiko that should clean up my outfit a bit

In short, I understand where you're coming from, but to me, I came to this thread to say I bought my 9400 to be function over form, and it has blown me away with its functions and I've come to appreciate its disregard for form :)

Would I buy a "nicer" looking ranger? Absolutely.
    Would I buy a "nicer" looking ranger with less features? No.
    Would I buy a "nicer" looking ranger with same features? Probably not before my current ranger dies

Right Now, I honestly think that the only watch I could buy to replace my ranger is maybe if casio puts out a smart watch like the WSDs but with a max size like the ranger or preferrably smaller

EDIT: Wording, once the coffee kicked in :)
    Last edited by tekmonkey; September 7th, 2017 at 11:14.

Quote Originally Posted by tekmonkey View Post
    I completely understand where you're coming from, it is the same reason I was put off of getting a ranger for such a long time. In the end, I decided it that I'm *in Danny Glover's voice* "I'm too old for this ....", said .... being caring about what everyone else would think of me.

The main reason I get a G is because of its toughness, its features & its multi-band / solar convenience, so I decided function over form. And then I grew to love my ranger for it, for being unashamedly function over form. I still think it a bit silly when someone calls a couple thousand euro rolex that "only" tells time (and being mechanical, not very accurately) a "Tool Watch"

Don't get me wrong, I LOVE, the Roles submariners, and one day, I might get myself one, just like I appreciate a fancy suit; Not very practical but definitely classy & fancy

I wouldn't wear my G walking my daughter down the aisle, but I also wouldn't wear a Rolex when I'm off cycling, hiking, camping, diving, swimming, working out, playing "kung fu fights" with my daughters, rolling around the park with my dogor when i need the exact time to know if im going to catch my train / bus.

And since one of these scenarios happens once or twice in a life time, while the others are pretty much daily or at the very least weekly, my ranger gets 99% of my time now, and for "dress" occasions, I have a diver seiko that should clean up my outfit a bit

In short, I understand where you're coming from, but to me, I came to this thread to say I bought my 9400 to be function over form, and it has blown me away with its functions and I've come to appreciate its disregard for form :)

Would I buy a "nicer" looking ranger? Absolutely.
    Would I buy a nicer looking ranger with less features? No.
    Would I like a nicer looking ranger with same features? Probably not before my current ranger dies

Right Now, I honestly think that the only watch I could buy to replace my ranger is maybe if casio puts out a smart watch like the WSDs but more ranger or a little smaller sized
    Very well said. I'm 100% with you on this one.
    tekmonkey likes this.

Over nearly a decade of G-Shocks, I find the classic squares get most of the wrist time these days, especially my standard and stealth 5600s.
    I guess they're classic for a reason.

I used to go for the BIG watches, lots of functions, bells and whistles, etc. Past few years I wear watches with what I need and less functions that I never use. When I wear a G-shock it's my GW-5000 or 5600C. Gives me a stopwatch, timer, current time and day/date. Generally all I need :)
    blondygirl69 likes this.

I own a bunch of automatic watches that I wear daily, mostly divers. However, there are lots of times when I really don't want to bang up an expensive watch, like when working in the yard or on my car. I also travel a lot, and there are places (and some countries) where it's probably not a great idea to display a pricy watch. I found this G-Shock and love it for casual wear. It's large (which I like), inexpensive, indestructible, and not too digital looking. I've become a big fan of some of these Casio watches!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread Information