Your G-Shock May Be Considered Hazardous Material

Thread: Your G-Shock May Be Considered Hazardous Material

Your G-Shock May Be Considered Hazardous Material

Just a heads up here. I ordered a GA100MC from Zappos a few days ago, with free overnight shipping. I was surprised when it didn't show up and I didn't get a tracking number. I contacted customer service and was told that the watch was considered hazardous material and could not be shipped by air, due to the lithium battery (CR1220). I realize that there are regulations regarding shipping lithium batteries, but this is ridiculous. When I pointed out that Amazon was shipping the same watch in a different color overnight, it fell on deaf ears. They just kept repeating it was company policy.

I hope I don't have to leave my G-Shocks at home when I travel. Although if they become a banned item on airplanes, being a TSA agent could be a good gig for a G-Shock collector!

Re: Your G-Shock May Be Considered Hazardous Material

most ridiculous thing I ever heard since ... the Colorado atomic system got turned off due to US gov. shut down

LOLz

Especially odd since Zappos is owned by Amazon.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by dlavi View Post
    Especially odd since Zappos is owned by Amazon.
    I pointed that out to them. They use Amazon's distribution system as well. Let's just say Zappo's customer service isn't what it used to be.

I'm surprised G shocks with atomic clock syncing aren't already banned on airplanes. I would have thought someone would have claimed that radio syncing could interfere with the aircraft's equipment.

CMOWE (Central Madhouse Of Western Europe)

Quote Originally Posted by dlavi View Post
    I'm surprised G shocks with atomic clock syncing aren't already banned on airplanes. I would have thought someone would have claimed that radio syncing could interfere with the aircraft's equipment.
    They receive a signal and don't send one.

About the Lithium batts: this is old news, we already discussed this a couple years back. Yes, it is totally riduculous even more since Lithium's are known for their extreme stability and reliability under severe weather conditions and therfore extreme temperature changes. Actually I thought that kind of nonsense would be history, sadly it seems not....

cheers
    We are 12.6 %

Thread Information