Your Opinion on the GW330A-9V Atomic Solar G-Shock
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Your Opinion on the GW330A-9V Atomic Solar G-Shock

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Banned

Your Opinion on the GW330A-9V Atomic Solar G-Shock

I just purchased a brand new NOS GW330A-9V Atomic Solar G-Shock. This particular model has a "time memo" function and a chronograph stopwatch and 29 world time zones with 48 cities. It has a yellow LCD display and a metal gold colored trim around the crystal. I think that the GW330A-9V was introduced around 2004 and was discontinued sometime in 2007 or 2008. I paid $69 for the watch.
    Do any forum members in here own and wear this particular model G-Shock? Do you like it? Do you think that the GW330A-9V is a durable watch?
    Last edited by paul338; August 16th, 2013 at 00:24.

Re: Your Opinion on the GW330A-9V Atomic Solar G-Shock

I like the looks and that it is atomic an solar, but the lack of a timer is the only downside

Here's mine,
    Last edited by Vade_R; August 16th, 2013 at 04:10.

Banned

I also love the looks of it too. I don't really care that it doesn't have a countdown timer. I love the time memo function that it has.
    The thing that caught my attention with the watch is the yellow LCD display and the large rectangular protruding button covers. I recently saw someone wearing this same exact model with the yellow LCD display and the gold colored inner metal bezel ring. The watch was all banged up, but it looked soooooooo nice even with all the battle scars that were on it. This watch looks like it has a huge presence on the wrist with its size, shape and with its yellow LCD display and inner gold colored metal bezel ring. I've fallen in love with the looks and style of this G-Shock.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

I have one of these. Bought it at a local Target store on clearance for $12 or $15, maybe four or five years ago. I bought it along with a few other Casio's at the same price. A friend of mine who I play tennis with had just lost his watch, so I offered him this one. A few weeks ago, I noticed that he had not been wearing it in a long time, so I asked him about it. He said he still had it somewhere in a drawer and I could have it back if I wanted it. I gladly took it back. It was a dirty mess, and the battery was dead. This was my chance to take a Casio completely apart and I did. It's nice and clean now with a few nicks here and there. I sat the watch at a window and the battery was back to full life after three days. It's definitely a sturdy watch. I do wish it had a timer as I use them often. Here a picture:

Name:  gw330a.jpg
Views: 798
Size:  236.9 KB

Banned

It looks beautiful. I just love the yellow LCD display with the large numbers and the contrast of the gold inner bezel ring with the black bezel.
    Does Casio still make the outer resin bezel for this model or for the 300 and 330 series G-Shocks? I would like to purchase an extra outer black bezel for mine. I did some research and looked on PacParts and Casio discontinued the black bezel for the GW330A-9V. The only bezel that's still available is the one that's made for the GW300A-1V, GW300CA-1V, GW300E-1V, GW300J-1 and the GW300U-1V and the one that fits all of these models that I just listed has the same exact Casio part number which is # 91087763469. It looks almost exactly just like the bezel that's on the GW330A-9V with the exception that the word "G-Shock" is printed in red on the bezel. Will the # 91087763469 bezel that's for the 300 series G-Shocks (GW300A-1V, GW300CA-1V, GW300E-1V, GW300J-1 and GW300U-1V) also fit on the GW330A-9V???
    Last edited by paul338; August 16th, 2013 at 05:11.

lvt

Personally I would never wear a digital watch without a countdown timer, even if I don't use it on a daily basis, because that's what makes a digital watch different from a mechanical chronograph watch.

Even some of mechanical watches have a rotating bezel that can be used as a countdown timer for a short duration.
    cal..45 likes this.
    Ball - Casio / G-shock - HMT - Longines - Parnis - Seagull - Seiko - Steinhart - Tissot - Victorinox - Yema

Banned

Will the resin from the other GW300 series G-Shocks fit the GW330? Does anybody know?

I think it's fair to say that they are interchangeable, I have the 300 and the 330, and everything looks the same, except for the module

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Vade_R View Post
    I think it's fair to say that they are interchangeable, I have the 300 and the 330, and everything looks the same, except for the module
    Okay, good. I'm going to order a GW300 outer resin bezel for my GW330A-9V. The one that I will order will NOT have the yellow print on it that says "G-Shock". It will instead have the words "G-Shock" in red print. I don't really care what color the printing on the outer bezel is as long as it will fit my GW330A-9V. I'm going to buy a few spares to have around just in case the outer bezel on my NOS GW330A-9V breaks, cracks or gets badly damaged.

Banned

On the gold colored LCD display on my GW330A-9V, I noticed that there's a letter "E" that's present right now next to the antenna signal receive symbol. Also, just above this letter "E", I can faintly see other letters on the LCD display which are present, but which are not lit up. Above the "E" is the letter "C", then above the "C" is the letter "M" and above the letter "M" is the letter "P". Each letter is above or below the other letter. If you start from the top to bottom on the LCD display, the letter sequence is P, M, C, E. All of these different letters are located next to the antenna receive symbol to the right of the antenna receive symbol.
    I can see all of these letters when looking at the LCD display very closely with a 10X magnifying loupe. Does anybody in here know what each of these letters stand for and mean?
    Last edited by paul338; August 19th, 2013 at 05:36.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information