Your thoughts on the Atomic Mudman...

Thread: Your thoughts on the Atomic Mudman...

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Your thoughts on the Atomic Mudman...

So, is the 5 eyed devil worth it?? I have 2 regular muddies... i like them. Ive always wanted to try the atomic version.

So what do you think? Do you like it? Or are all those eyes just wasted "real estate"???
    Worth adding to the flock??
    Suunto... Replacing Luck!

Re: Your thoughts on the Atomic Mudman...

Loved mine, loved the five eyes, regret flipping it, looking for another.

If you like it - buy it! I´m not a 'Mudmaniac' but I think the atomic version looks quite good!

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

It's my first G shock and I really like it. The solar and auto EL are the reasons I went looking for a new watch. I manually sync mine every couple days (I don't think it needs to be trying to sync every night). It's cool knowing my watch is accurate to the second, especially coming from wearing automatics. I really like the look of the Mudman Stormtrooper, but I don't know if I want to go back to worrying about battery life and battery changes. Seems some people question the look of the A-Mudman, but I like it and I don't think it's any more cluttered or wasteful than any other G shocks. To me, it seems very symmetrical. I can't think of anything I want in a watch that this one doesn't have, which stinks because I'm always looking for new watches.
    Attached Images Attached Images

This one is pretty high on my wanted list, I'm after the Master Blue version
    Real men don't need instructions.

I think that the "5 eyes" are a waste of space...receiving source is not so important information to put it over the 1/4 of the screen, especially when the four of the sources are almost always blank (unused). They could have put there the day name together with a multi-"eye" next to it, like that on Riseman, that could change on demand with a small matrix to show us the receiving source. It could show some visualization (like the 6900 etc) when we wouldn't like to see the receiiving source...Its like always having a useless "big something" in front of you...Also the font of the numbers is too "modern" and trendy IMO. I prefer the non-atomic Mudman..

GW9000 is my current favorite!
    2nd is my G9000 3v

I say get it, Jeff.

It's a model with an original design; a different design you won't see on everybody's wrists.

The Mudman has never been known for being a traditionalist watch. There are gazillions of watches out there for that. One so identical to the other that they are enough to stop evolution on its tracks. Almost.
    Last edited by Vintage; August 17th, 2008 at 02:29.

Those 5 eyes are hardly wasted space--they protect the wearer from this:

Quote Originally Posted by Funkywatch View Post
    I think that the "5 eyes" are a waste of space...receiving source is not so important information to put it over the 1/4 of the screen, especially when the four of the sources are almost always blank (unused). They could have put there the day name together with a multi-"eye" next to it, like that on Riseman, that could change on demand with a small matrix to show us the receiving source. It could show some visualization (like the 6900 etc) when we wouldn't like to see the receiiving source...Its like always having a useless "big something" in front of you...Also the font of the numbers is too "modern" and trendy IMO. I prefer the non-atomic Mudman..

I agree 100% with Funky. The 5-eye display is a rather redundant feature IMO. Non-atomic for me, theG-9025A-1DR gets my vote.

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread Information