WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

Your thoughts on the Atomic Mudman...

3K views 48 replies 26 participants last post by  TTT 
#1 ·
So, is the 5 eyed devil worth it?? I have 2 regular muddies... i like them. Ive always wanted to try the atomic version.

So what do you think? Do you like it? Or are all those eyes just wasted "real estate"???
Worth adding to the flock??

See less See more
#4 ·
It's my first G shock and I really like it. The solar and auto EL are the reasons I went looking for a new watch. I manually sync mine every couple days (I don't think it needs to be trying to sync every night). It's cool knowing my watch is accurate to the second, especially coming from wearing automatics. I really like the look of the Mudman Stormtrooper, but I don't know if I want to go back to worrying about battery life and battery changes. Seems some people question the look of the A-Mudman, but I like it and I don't think it's any more cluttered or wasteful than any other G shocks. To me, it seems very symmetrical. I can't think of anything I want in a watch that this one doesn't have, which stinks because I'm always looking for new watches. :-(

Attachments

#6 ·
I think that the "5 eyes" are a waste of space...receiving source is not so important information to put it over the 1/4 of the screen, especially when the four of the sources are almost always blank (unused). They could have put there the day name together with a multi-"eye" next to it, like that on Riseman, that could change on demand with a small matrix to show us the receiving source. It could show some visualization (like the 6900 etc) when we wouldn't like to see the receiiving source...Its like always having a useless "big something" in front of you...Also the font of the numbers is too "modern" and trendy IMO. I prefer the non-atomic Mudman..

#8 · (Edited)
I say get it, Jeff. :-!

It's a model with an original design; a different design you won't see on everybody's wrists.

The Mudman has never been known for being a traditionalist watch. There are gazillions of watches out there for that. One so identical to the other that they are enough to stop evolution on its tracks. Almost. :)

#11 ·
I say get it, Jeff. :-!

It's a model with an original design; a different design you won't see on everybody's wrists.

The Mudman has never been known for being a traditionalist watch. There are gazillions of watches out there for that. One so identical to the other that they are enough to stop evolution on its tracks. Almost. :)
I agree! Wouldn´t it be boring if all watches just had the basic functions? No fun stuff, no gimmics. Those things gives the watch lots of its unique character, in my opinion.

#13 ·
the GW-9000 is a good looking (very stealthy) and functional watch but nevertheless I prefer the non-atomic version for even better functions and the uncluttered display, though I can't stand the red buttons on the black one.

regards, holger

#17 ·
Hi Jeff,

When it came out, I looked against those 5 eyes and thought it was better to go for non-Atomic. Until I bought the GW-9000. It looks much better in real than the photo's I had seen until that date.

Do you have an atomic Gulfman yet? Personally I find that one even look better...

Cheers,

Sjors

#20 ·
Thanks Fellas!!! I appreciate the input. I think I will get one and check it out.

They seem to flip well if it doesn't "grab my butt".

Based on the pics Ive seen, I assume you have a choice between DAY dispaly or numeric Month - Day?

For example you can show SUN.
OR
8-17???

#23 ·
Correct. You have the choice on the day/date display.

I have one and love it.:-!

I agree with some of the criticism of the 5 eyes, but IMO they do not look bad at all. It is just that 60% of them serve no purpose.

Thanks Fellas!!! I appreciate the input. I think I will get one and check it out.

They seem to flip well if it doesn't "grab my butt".

Based on the pics Ive seen, I assume you have a choice between DAY dispaly or numeric Month - Day?

For example you can show SUN.
OR
8-17???

#24 ·
same on the G-9000 (non atomic) mudman

regards, holger

#22 ·
I reckon if you like the look of them, they're well worth what you can pick them up for. Even though I'm not keen on the display with the eyes, it's still got the same great construction as the non atomic, and have been tempted myself for that alone. My G-9000's are the most tough and secure 'feeling' G-Shocks I have.

#25 ·
I just gave 3 away as gifts to my groomsmen at my wedding.

I worn one of them for a couple of hours to see what I thought.

The watch has a very low profile. Very easy to read with very clear LCD. This is one of the largest drawbacks of the G-2300/2310 line. The strap appears to be very high quality and correct me if I am wrong, but do the Vector strap adapters work on this model?

The buttons are pretty still when new and hard to press.

I actually like the looks of the 5 eye. It breaks up the look of the watch and makes it very unique in the the gshock line.

Very nice watch, the only thing that I can fault with it is the 60 min CDT.

That is why I went with the Riseman instead. I like the 24 hour CDT.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.