Your thoughts on the GDF100-1B..
Like Tree4Likes

Thread: Your thoughts on the GDF100-1B..

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Your thoughts on the GDF100-1B..

This watch doesn't seem to get talked about much here...any reason/s why? The only thing I don't like about this watch is, there's no auto light function. Do I need auto light? Do you use this function?

Re: Your thoughts on the GDF100-1B..

The design is Big & Bold. Really BOLD.

As in, crazy bold-big? Or, crazy bold-design? I haven't seen one in person, so only have internet pics to go by. Another watch I'm considering is the, G9300-1D. These also look pretty big from what I've seen on youtube. Are these watches approaching GA, GD in size?

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

LUW

At a time I considered getting one, but I realized it looks too much as something with a forceful early 80's look .
    Cheers!
    Luciano

I have the SGW-300 with the same features so I don't "need" one - however the "BB" Version looks very cool so I might reconsider.

Cheers, Sedi

For what it's worth I really enjoy this watch. It's about the same size as the g 9300 just a tad less thick. I have the plain version but all black looks super cool. I don't use the auto el because I don't like bringing watches up to my face to read, I prefer to just look down. The light's very bright. The auto el is nice but not a necessity and as this watch is battery powered it probably helps battery life not having it. My only complaint is that I have small wrists (just under 7 in) and the strap doesn't conform to my wrist as comfortably as my 9300. There is a "skinny wrist mod" somewhere on this forum which could help if you have small wrists as well.
    Last edited by Cdejesus24; May 15th, 2012 at 19:30.

i have the GDF100-4 the red one with neg display, i love it. fits great, not to big. comfortable. i have other watches with auto light, and i never use it. if i have to use the light on my GDF i just press the button on the face, its a rather easy one to press compared to my G9000 mudman.

Name:  GDF100-4.jpg
Views: 1140
Size:  26.5 KB

I love my GDF100. I even bought my Father In-law one and he fell in love with it. Actually bought him two after the first one got stollen out of his car!

Mine:

And my Pop in-law showing his off in the "family" pic:
    Hook 'Em!!

"One who is good at making excuses is seldom good at anything else." ---- A. Wiseman

Well well, what a coincidence, I happen to have a GDF-100-1A here with some of my other Gs, figured I might as well join in with this conversaion and drop some pics off the phone whilst I'm here...

Solo shot:
    Name:  IMAG0185sm.jpg
Views: 2805
Size:  206.9 KB

Here's how it fairs in between a selection of other Gs:
    Name:  IMAG0186.jpg
Views: 2649
Size:  343.5 KB

Next to a G-9000 Mudman and G-9100 Gulfman (similarly sized), it's obviously bigger, with a nice, larger, crisp display, easily more legible than the Master of G models; the physical size is on a par with GA/GD-100 series I'd say. In fact, it seems that the resin band is the same as the GA/GD100 series bands...interchangeable?
    Name:  IMAG0188.jpg
Views: 1339
Size:  284.4 KB

In fact I'd say it's got one of the largest Timekeeping displays amongst Gs, here's it next to a MT-G 930. Not quite as large as the display on my PRG-80 though :)
    Name:  IMAG0189.jpg
Views: 1249
Size:  279.1 KB

Here's another size comparison, not quite beating the Pro Trek on overall size and bulk
    Name:  IMAG0190.jpg
Views: 1346
Size:  352.8 KB

Thickness? it's about average for a G, making it quite comfortable to wear, the King feel noticeably bulkier...
    Name:  IMAG0184sm.jpg
Views: 1261
Size:  232.5 KB

Ok, so, I think this is a nice alternative to the Riseman, but because I already have a GW-9200 and a Pro Trek, the GDF-100 has limited appeal to me so I think I'll be passing this on... On the plus side: the backlight is nice, very bright - just like the GD-100s; Current time is displayed in every mode; it's got a nice, crisp display, easy to read; For all its features, it's not expensive at all!

I also think the GDF-100BB looks quite outstanding, if it was solar/atomic, I'd be tempted to let go of my Riseman for it!
    kurzjak likes this.

Name:  DSC_0148.JPG
Views: 1594
Size:  643.4 KB

I also have the GDF-100 and love it, really comfortable on the wrist the auto light doesn't bother me, have a Pro trek with auto-light and I never used it.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information