Zagg Invisible Shield - How do you rate them?

Thread: Zagg Invisible Shield - How do you rate them?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Zagg Invisible Shield - How do you rate them?

After a close call on scratching my crystal on my PAW1500GB I thought of getting some protection. I noticed a few of you have used the Zagg Invisible Shield covers. Do they work as advertised? And do they dull the shine of the crystal?

Thanks.

Re: Zagg Invisible Shield - How do you rate them?

I had no idea that people use them for watches?? It works well with my I-Touch and Blackberry.
    That Ain't an Igloo, thats my Watch. That ain't snow, thats my Chain. That Ain't an ice tray, thats my teeth. That's not a snowcone, thats my ring
    - Orient Orange Mako
    - Orient "Pepsi" Mako
    - Orient Star (Rose Gold w/ power reserve)
    - Android Tattooed Banker (Yellow)
    - Movado
    - G-Shock 5600, 6900

I think they are like putting clear vinyl over your good furniture - preserves the look, but ruins the enjoyment
    "So?"
    -Andrew Breitbart 1969-2012

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

G-Shock & Sales Moderator DragonJade's Avatar

Don't know about on watches, but it works very well on my ipod. My only complaint is where it meets in the corners for the back piece; the sides are curved and trying to wrap something flat around something spherical will give you wrinkles and inevitably dirt will get into those cracks.

Their customer service has been pretty good as well, in my experience.

Some of the guys on the Suuno forum have IS on their watches. Have a search for some threads there.

Get your WUS badge now from the WUS store.
    >> Support WUS by clicking through to our sponsors sites. <<
    >> Buying from a sponsor? Tell them WUS sent you. <<

The cover protects my iphone very well, but will definitely dull the shine.

Quote Originally Posted by gaijin View Post
    I think they are like putting clear vinyl over your good furniture - preserves the look, but ruins the enjoyment
    +1

Also, the IS on my iPhone makes it harder to navigate around. It's like trying to write on a window with clear glazed sugar or something.

I would never put an IS type film on my watches.
    Excellence in Doing Things the Hard Way Since 1980
    Tissot PRC-200 | Seiko SNX427K2 | Seiko SNA029 | Marathon TSAR | Marathon GSAR | Hamilton Jazzmaster Viewmatic | Maratac Pilot | Omega Speedmaster Professional

Quote Originally Posted by Bent View Post
    After a close call on scratching my crystal on my PAW1500GB I thought of getting some protection. I noticed a few of you have used the Zagg Invisible Shield covers. Do they work as advertised? And do they dull the shine of the crystal?
    I've used screen protectors (several other brands) on my PDAs before but ultimately decided that I usually don't have that much dust on them (and keep them clean enough) that there is not much danger of getting a piece between the stylus and screen and then driving that all over the place, scratching the surface. They simply ruined more of the visibility than they were giving me a good feeling.

My lightly scratched camera display got me thinking about protectors once again, but seeing how badly those seem to affect vision (seen on other people's cameras) I'd rather risk scratches than live with the reduced usability.

And with regards to a G-SHOCK, using a protective screen it really didn't even come to my mind. I mean, what's the point of using a rugged watch if you're paranoid about using them what they were designed for?

Quote Originally Posted by gaijin View Post
    + another 1
    I used to list my watches here until I realised it ruined people's Google searches...

It is difficlut to determine the right size for the 1500. Inside the bezel is about 32.5mm but it will slide under the bezel. I tried a 32mm, hard to center, and the more you work with it the worse it looks. I finally removed it. I have not given up on them, I am going to try one on my GW-2500, but it looks like it might have the same problem.

I ordered one for my GW-5000. Of course there is not one suitable, so i have to cut it myself. Now i wonder how the protector will affect to the solar cells? Will it still charge properly?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information