Zulu fitted! My first watch mod.
Like Tree8Likes

Thread: Zulu fitted! My first watch mod.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Zulu fitted! My first watch mod.

Well thanks to you guys I now know about zulu straps and where to get them.

I also know more about Gs and all things Casio. I also know of treasures beyond my means (Frogs) and I also have a fiance who is now suspicious when ever I go on the Internet.

So I thank you one and all.

Prg 240 on Zulu 24mm Coastguard Orange from Ticktox mounted on their Paw-1500 adaptors.
    Sent through Tapatalk on HTCs Desire.
    The 7900's are my favourites, although the 56s are currently my focus. But nothing is excluded, except pink Risemans.

Re: Zulu fitted! My first watch mod.

i think this is the 1st time ive liked a watch with a zulu strap.. you picked a great colour and a great watch to put the strap on, looks great!
    andrew&7 likes this.

Nice. I'm gonna have to try this as well. Immediate thoughts on wearing the zulu vs resin strap?
    Yes, I am OCD. What gave it away?

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Cheers SS1017 - I now also know that I consider Zulus (at least from this supplier) a touch too weedy for a G. The 240 isn't a butch G - it surprised me with being thinner than expected - and so this strap works here.

Any replacement strap on a G has to be as 'strong' and 'butch' as the watch itself - I'm a big fan of the textile straps supplied on the 7900MS and similar because they appear about 3x the thickness of this (or all?) Zulus.
    The 7900's are my favourites, although the 56s are currently my focus. But nothing is excluded, except pink Risemans.

that looks 10/10...great mod

Quote Originally Posted by Chrisek View Post
    Nice. I'm gonna have to try this as well. Immediate thoughts on wearing the zulu vs resin strap?
    Cheers Chris -

Compared to the stock 240 strap (which is plain nasty as Will Smith would say):

1) less sweaty.
    2) alot more comfy as it has a closer wrap around fit
    3) the strap running under the body act a bit like the 'comfort wings' (cue women running on a beach) on my 7900 strap.

Thus heartily recommended. And if you don't like it, you haven't blown the bank or made an irreversable change.

I'm gonna get the Threadlock out of the garage when I'm next down there and just pop a drop on the screws and it'll be staying on for sure.

As I said above I don't see it working with a G as it's a bit too thin and doesn't shout "butch, strong grrrrrr look what I have to hold in place" as I believe a G strap should.

Are all Zulus the same though? I was gonna get one from TSS but they didn't do the size/colour combo I wanted - there's promise to be the best.....

Outstanding look and good job on the mod !
    Nylon NATION Co-Conspirator
    Lug Hole Loyalist
    Chamfer Line Inspector

...... and in the wet..... It goes a little darker. Curious how long this warm eve takes to dry it.

.... How does the timer work again... :banghead:

Nice mod - the orange was a natural choice, but may I ask whether there's any particular reason for not getting one with PVD hardware? It would've complemented the watch much better IMHO.

Quote Originally Posted by nagpal View Post
    Nice mod - the orange was a natural choice, but may I ask whether there's any particular reason for not getting one with PVD hardware? It would've complemented the watch much better IMHO.
    Erm mostly because I didn't think - I guess u mean black finished metal parts right?

Too much of a rush hehe and I didn't see any?

Care to point me in the right direction so future reference?

My only issue with painted metal is it sooner or later scratches and looks gash.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information