Zulu strap on a wademan

Thread: Zulu strap on a wademan

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Zulu strap on a wademan

I've recently bought a vintage Wademan which is in very good condition, and I would like to keep it that way, whilst still enjoying wearing it.

It's a American Team Rescue International special edition featuring a leather backed fabric strap embossed on the inside. I imagine as a SE there is no chance whatsoever of a replacement ..... ?

The strap is already showing signs of wear on the inside, and I don't want it to get any worse:

So I think I am going to replace the strap so I can keep it in good condition, and put a khaki Zulu one in it's place. As a newbie I don't know how the Zulu's are mounted. I have taken a couple of pics, the strap is fixed to the bezel by a strap adapter (?). So I guess I need to get two strap adapters to allow the Zulu to fit?

Where would I get these from, and what would I need to measure to calculate the size required?

Any help greatly appreciated

Current G's:
    GW-9200J-1 Riseman
    DW-004ASJ-8AT (stealthed)
    DW-9800 Wademan AR-3T ARTI
    DW-8800AJ ADMA's Full set of 5

Wish List:

G-7900 1ER - GW-7900B-1JF - GW-M5600BC -
    G-9000-8DVR Stormtrooper - GW-9100MB-1JF Gulfman - FTS-100 Forester

Re: Zulu strap on a wademan

some nice straps here...........

http://www.broadarrow.net/maratac.htm
    Brad
    Have a great day.

cool pics, i like that interface design between the strap, adapter, and case. if you remove the screw on the adapter piece that the strap enters, can you pull out the strap?
    "It is easier to discover a deficiency in individuals, in states, and in providence, than to see their real import or value." - HEGEL

*SBBN019 and SBBN011 shrouded divers*
    The Spring Drive Landmaster SBDB003 -- My Apollo 17 Speedy Pro -- Shout-out to Konrad Damasko!
    Airwolf and Chronomaster hangin' out -- NATO nuts with DC66 and SBDX001 -- Two deadly Sinns

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by brad15470 View Post
    some nice straps here...........

http://www.broadarrow.net/maratac.htm
    Thanks for the link. What I don't understand is how that type of strap would fit onto the bezel of the Wademan with the adapters I have. Are you able to advise?

Quote Originally Posted by a-Tom-ic View Post
    cool pics, i like that interface design between the strap, adapter, and case. if you remove the screw on the adapter piece that the strap enters, can you pull out the strap?
    I think so yes. I only have one screwdriver the right size at the moment, and need two to be able to undo both sides and remove the screws. I will try and sort it tomorrow and update.
    Current G's:
    GW-9200J-1 Riseman

Wish List:

Quote Originally Posted by quattrojames View Post
    Thanks for the link. What I don't understand is how that type of strap would fit onto the bezel of the Wademan with the adapters I have. Are you able to advise?
    Can you provide more pics of the adapters? Especially the area where the current leather strap connects to the adapter. That's basically going to determine if you can use a zulu or not.

Quote Originally Posted by mayostard View Post
    Can you provide more pics of the adapters? Especially the area where the current leather strap connects to the adapter. That's basically going to determine if you can use a zulu or not.
    Sure, will do it tomorrow when I get the leather strap off the adapter
    Current G's:
    GW-9200J-1 Riseman

Wish List:

Does this help?

Current G's:
    GW-9200J-1 Riseman

Wish List:

Yeah, I would say a regular zulu is not going to work. That tab that comes down from the springbar behind the strap is going to keep the zulu from smoothly flowing under the case.

You could try the two-piece zulus or the maratac elite. The elite would probably look the best IMO.

very interesting photos in this thread! and nice evidence of casio making an effort towards thoughtful and maintainable design. i was worried those screws would be fake and the strap was glued and cramped in. i think you stand a good chance of a two piece zulu working fine on the watch. i've tried the elite strap and though i liked it at first, after time it still hadn't formed to my wrist well so i don't plan on getting another. the standard "name-brand" maratac material is nice and thick. i like it, but others prefer more flexibility. judging by how short the stock 12'oclock end is, you may need to punch some additional tang holes on the new strap.
    "It is easier to discover a deficiency in individuals, in states, and in providence, than to see their real import or value." - HEGEL

*SBBN019 and SBBN011 shrouded divers*
    The Spring Drive Landmaster SBDB003 -- My Apollo 17 Speedy Pro -- Shout-out to Konrad Damasko!
    Airwolf and Chronomaster hangin' out -- NATO nuts with DC66 and SBDX001 -- Two deadly Sinns

Quote Originally Posted by a-Tom-ic View Post
    i've tried the elite strap and though i liked it at first, after time it still hadn't formed to my wrist well so i don't plan on getting another. the standard "name-brand" maratac material is nice and thick. i like it, but others prefer more flexibility. judging by how short the stock 12'oclock end is, you may need to punch some additional tang holes on the new strap.
    You could try the two-piece zulus or the maratac elite. The elite would probably look the best IMO.
    Thanks both

I wasn't aware that they did the Zulu as a two piece option. I will try and source a UK Zulu supplier (Anyone know of one?) - then try and make a choice between the Zulu (which they don't do in khaki/green/camo ) or the Elite .....
    Current G's:
    GW-9200J-1 Riseman

Wish List:

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information