Zulu straps how secure are they

Thread: Zulu straps how secure are they

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Zulu straps how secure are they

Ive been thinking about doing some mods to a watch or two and was curious how secure are Zulu straps. They dont look to secure at all and Id rather not lose a nice watch if I can help it. Growing up with Casio watch bands I know my watch isnt going anyplace soon.
    NFW AutoPilot, Steinhart Nav B-Uhr II 44 mm Automatic., Seiko "BFS" SNKF09. Seiko "Spork" SRP043K. Seiko SRP639KI & lots of G-Shocks.

Re: Zulu straps how secure are they

Quote Originally Posted by lotsofstufftogo View Post
    Ive been thinking about doing some mods to a watch or two and was curious how secure are Zulu straps. They dont look to secure at all and Id rather not lose a nice watch if I can help it. Growing up with Casio watch bands I know my watch isnt going anyplace soon.
    They are very secure. Lotsof, no worries.

The one piece model is safer than regular straps, because the band actually goes under the watch case, so if a springbar breaks or pops out, the watch will keep on the strap.
    Last edited by Vintage; June 25th, 2008 at 05:15.

Good answer Vintage

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Banned

Yeah, I'd say the safest.

TTT

I'd say safer than a resin band, and at least as safe as a casio velcro band.

Originally I thought they were supposed to be fastened using the same pattern as you'd use on a motorbike helmet (if you've ever used a motorbike helmet, you'd know what I mean). That would make them extremely secure. However, it looks like you're just supposed to fold the excess strap back under both loops. It's still very secure.

Very secure. In addition to what has been said, you don't have to worry about the spring bar on the buckle popping either. The buckle is very well sewn into the strap.

Sweet news guys thanks for the info.
    NFW AutoPilot, Steinhart Nav B-Uhr II 44 mm Automatic., Seiko "BFS" SNKF09. Seiko "Spork" SRP043K. Seiko SRP639KI & lots of G-Shocks.

TTT

Having said all that, I have decided I don't like velcro or zulu straps on G-shocks. They're great on my Seiko diver, but when you have to use strap adaptors instead of just having it threaded through the springbars, it just doesn't really work for me. I think the strap adaptors are too wide for my wrist, or something - even the factory ones.

Lotsof,

A pic for you:

This is how a G-Shock looks on adapters and with a Black Maratac Zulu one piece strap (the watch is a G100):

Believe it or not, it's far too secure !!! It's always amazed me, as someone who has worn a watch in some fairly tough environments, That people are more worried about losing their watch than their arm!

Get a Zulu strap caught on something at the wrong time and it will pull your arm off, believe me! Far better a conventional strap that will break out the springbars at a time like that. You can afford to lose a watch far more, even if it is an expensive one.

"The only exercise I take is walking behind the coffins of friends who took exercise." Peter O'Toole

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread Information