Can someone please explain this to me? Glycines on Ebay. - Page 2
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: Can someone please explain this to me? Glycines on Ebay.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Re: Can someone please explain this to me? Glycines on Ebay.

Some people just do a quick search on eBay, then buy the least expensive? That’s the only reason I can figure.

An informed Consumer is the best buyer. I've seen my Bronze Airman 44mm with brown dial from $600. here to $2100. in Spain...You just have to keep searching for the watch and the price that you want. Sometimes you get lucky. If it gets to the point that the watch you really want is still out of your range...WAIT! That's what I do. Or, you can sell one of your other watches to get some of the money to put toward the Glycine. I do that with watches I seldom wear. I really liked my Bulova Moonwatch but I never wore it, so I sold it and used the money for another Glycine and added much less cash than I would have had to pay without selling my Moonwatch.I wear all my Glycines more than any other make now.I could sell every other watch I own and be happy with Glycines but occasionally I like a Seiko or a Rolex , or Pam or U-Boat if i'm in that kind of a situation that warrants it.Personally, wearing a Glycine is , in my opinion, cooler than a Rolex. Nobody knows what it is for the most part, it tells 3 time zones, has a great military history and it keeps great time and doesn't look like the watch everyone else is trying to copy..A Submariner or a Daytona . All my watches used to be like typical Divers but then when I found Glycine, that changed. I still have divers but I seldom wear them now. I have 2 Luminox Tritium and one DEEP BLUE Tritium and I love them for night time wear. But with a tux, It just doesn't cut it. I can wear any Glycine with a tux, a suit or jeans or a bathing suit.A gold Daytona looks weird on the beach but with the right suit it's fine.. A bronze Airman goes with everything, as long as the strap or bracelet is correct. My Golden Eye on a Mesh looks great with anything, so does an early vintage Rolex Sub, but for some reason I pick the watch more by the strap to match the occasion. A Brown Aviator strap with a black tux ? Probably not. Rolex Oyster Rivet with a tux? Maybe , Bond wore it with a NATO and a tux...But if I switch to a Bracelet in Dirty Rose Gold with the bronze , it works well. Seriously, nobody looks at our cool watches but us. That's reality..People don't care what others are wearing..only what they're wearing.

Lot's of uninformed buyers out there. I think a lot of people assume that Ebay or Amazon offers the lowest prices. I regularly purchase parts for older motorcycles and I commonly see people pay more for items on Ebay than they could walk into a dealership and pay full retail for. I suppose that if distance or time is a factor that could explain part of the premium but I suspect it's mostly not knowing.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

I would love to find an amazing deal on one of those bronze chiefs or one of those amazing blue ones!

eBay is filled with uninformed people - sellers and buyers.
    Sellers who purchased it at full retail price from an AD and think taking ~20% off makes it a good deal.
    Buyers who don't know much / don't want to waste time trying scary different websites, and just go with whatever is cheapest on eBay. And informed sellers on eBay know these things and also ask a bit more than they know they should.

I also think demand > supply when it comes to bargain mint/near-mint watches on eBay

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread Information