Glycine direct experience. - Page 3
Like Tree8Likes

Thread: Glycine direct experience.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Re: Glycine direct experience.

Quote Originally Posted by gary4421944 View Post
    Ok, I've read all the posts in this thread but I still don't understand why the Glycine prices have dropped like a rock....are the current Glycine inventories to be deleted so Glycine/Invicta can come out with new models ? Not sure.....But I have bought one for Glycine-direct and the response and shipping was very fast....good seller !!
    I don't know for certain, but yeah, I think they're trying to dump their old stuff. Which is fine by me--I think they fit better. They stopped offering the Airman 18 and the Chief in 36 mm.
    Travel. Food. Culture. https://tominwanderlust.com/

Is this the Glycine Direct people are talking here? https://www.ebay.co.uk/usr/glycine-direct

0 items listed

Not Glycine Direct, but the Invicta ebay store. I picked up a blue F 104 to complete my trifecta of blue, white, and black. I paid $292, the listing said it was a display model that had some very minor scratches on the case side. I used a 15x loupe and have yet to find any scratches.

I have gotten some good prices from Glycine Direct also. My last purchase there was a Bronze Combat Sub. I had found one elsewhere listed at a lower price, so contacted GD and said they would have to beat the price and provided a link. They sent back an email with a much better price which I accepted, so they are open to dealing.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

You can't see the items if you are outside of, I think, the US.

I've been tempted by alot of their watches, but I'm waiting for them to offer the LE Double 24 again!
    r-gordon-7 and chirs1211 like this.

No pressure, but snag whatever piece you’re looking for fairly quickly as I’ve noticed he’s raised prices due to lower inventory. Not dramatic price increases, but a few bucks here and there.

The next competitor on eBay has significantly higher prices.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by bigflax925_2 View Post
    I've been tempted by alot of their watches, but I'm waiting for them to offer the LE Double 24 again!
    "...waiting for them to offer the LE Double 24 again!" Sounds so very familiar! When I first learned of and fell in love with the Glycine Airman quite a number of years ago, I was determined to hold off on buying an Airman until the particular Airman model I most wanted, the Double 24, was available again. After a while, however, I weakened just a bit and decided that while waiting for the Double 24 to be available again, I could at least let myself buy one, but just one, Airman of a different model. Well, it's now a number of years after that - and I have not just one, but six Airman watches, each a different model. (Four of them, BTW, came from Glycine-Direct's alter ego, the "watchgooroo".) And, of course, not one of the six is a Double 24. I'm still telling myself, there won't be a another Airman for me until the Double 24 is available again. But of course I've already told myself that, six times before... And of my six Glycine Airman watches, there isn't a single one with which I'd willingly part...

Quote Originally Posted by r-gordon-7 View Post
    "...waiting for them to offer the LE Double 24 again!" Sounds so very familiar! When I first learned of and fell in love with the Glycine Airman quite a number of years ago, I was determined to hold off on buying an Airman until the particular Airman model I most wanted, the Double 24, was available again. After a while, however, I weakened just a bit and decided that while waiting for the Double 24 to be available again, I could at least let myself buy one, but just one, Airman of a different model. Well, it's now a number of years after that - and I have not just one, but six Airman watches, each a different model. (Four of them, BTW, came from Glycine-Direct's alter ego, the "watchgooroo".) And, of course, not one of the six is a Double 24. I'm still telling myself, there won't be a another Airman for me until the Double 24 is available again. But of course I've already told myself that, six times before... And of my six Glycine Airman watches, there isn't a single one with which I'd willingly part...
    I really wanted to trade my Airman 18 for an Airman 1. logic tells me they are kind of redundant. However, I just can't bring myself to get rid of the 100% perfect airman 18 specimen I landed.
    r-gordon-7 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by hedd View Post
    I really wanted to trade my Airman 18 for an Airman 1. logic tells me they are kind of redundant. However, I just can't bring myself to get rid of the 100% perfect airman 18 specimen I landed.
    I would posit that "redundancy", rather like beauty, is in the eye of the beholder - and as such, is a relatively personal thing. For instance, I suspect that in the eyes of many a non-"watch aficionado", having more than one watch at all (regardless of which one or ones) is "redundant" in that, after all, all watches really just tell the same time anyhow. Of course those of us here, frequenting WUS, are likely to be on the other end (I suspect on the far other end) of that spectrum, appreciating even relatively minor subjective differences between various related watches - and enjoying the variety of owning and wearing each. As a suggestion to consider, if without trading away your Airman 18, you were to simply get an Airman 1 with a different dial color than your Airman 18, that might provide you with sufficient "distance" from redundancy - and ultimately help you avoid a later "trader's remorse". Well, just a thought...

Quote Originally Posted by gary4421944 View Post
    Ok, I've read all the posts in this thread but I still don't understand why the Glycine prices have dropped like a rock....are the current Glycine inventories to be deleted so Glycine/Invicta can come out with new models ? Not sure.....But I have bought one for Glycine-direct and the response and shipping was very fast....good seller !!
    Look at the Glycine situation from the perspective of a company officer with 2 problems:

- An overpriced watch brand,
    - And a warehouse full of inventory that is not moving at MSRP or anywhere close to MSRP and he needs to up his bottom line...

Solution? Lower prices to a level competitive with other brands and open up the spicket on eBay.

Play Watchgooroo against Glycine-Direct against Costco, etc.

I never touched a Glycine until prices went under $300 and now I have a bunch of “Swiss Made” automatics. At $230-300 new, they are an excellent buy.
    Today would be a good day to delete your Facebook account:

Here is why:

https://forums.watchuseek.com/f73/fa...l#post48047643

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread Information