Glycine discontinuing some models?...
Like Tree4Likes

Thread: Glycine discontinuing some models?...

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Glycine discontinuing some models?...

Checked out the Glycine web site recently to look for expected new October releases..seems as if they are no longer advertising their 40mm Double Twelve Airman and 42mm 'Golden Eye" Combat Subs...not sure if that means that they are no longer in production or not..
    https://glycine-watch.ch/collection/
    Last edited by Thunder1; 2 Weeks Ago at 16:02.
    Ebels are a lot like women that lack a low cut dress that zips up the side...neither get the love that they deserve...

Their lineup definitely needs some streamlining. The Airman double twelve has never been a real Airman (no 24 hour hand), so very few people will miss it.

Re: Glycine discontinuing some models?...

^^Well, time will tell(see what I did there?) whether this was a smart choice or not...I'm a fan, though..
    Ebels are a lot like women that lack a low cut dress that zips up the side...neither get the love that they deserve...

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Did I also see pictures recently with the old logo as the new logo? Am curious where the brand is heading at this stage based on some of these recent changes.
    Fortis Terrestis 19Fortis PM
    Christopher Ward C65 Trident Diver
    Christopher Ward C60 Trident Pro 600
    Mido Ocean Star Captain V Titanium
    Certina DS Action Diver Automatic
    Bernhardt Binnacle Diver

I think once you have one of each model, and each is one that you like, you need not worry. Unless you want to upgrade. I've had at least 8 already and finally I am down to the 3 I liked most. My Bronze Airman 44mm , my CHIEF, and a Golden Eye. I sold the Incursore and an Airman 17 46mm with Rose Gold appointments...two other combat models and two other Airman..a Purist and one other ( I miss that 17 watch).

New Logo, Old Logo...New Old Logo..If you have a NEW logo with wings it might be so rare in time , it will be a keeper....an Original Old Logo is great, a NEW original Old Logo is good...all are good choices it seems. It's a matter of taste and what each of us likes personally. You are a Glycine owner which means you are not a follower..YOU set the trend, you don't Follow, You Lead!

I celebrate the ones I have and the ones that are now gone..Only the first 3 are current.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Last edited by Pjerome; 2 Weeks Ago at 06:11.
    yankeexpress and Thunder1 like this.

Been recently scooping up incredibly low priced new Glycine with either logo as the deals in this market are irresistible. Big fan of affordable, well made highbeat movement divers.

I am in the camp of those who think the “new” logo will in time be unusual and maybe desirable.

For example....

...this ^^^blows the doors off recent Seiko divers at Half the price.
    Thunder1 likes this.
    Today would be a good day to delete your Facebook account, Here is why:

https://forums.watchuseek.com/f73/fa...l#post48047643

10 reasons to dump facebook:

https://www.komando.com/tips/527072/...cebook-in-2019

Quote Originally Posted by yankeexpress View Post
    Been recently scooping up incredibly low priced new Glycine with either logo as the deals in this market are irresistible. Big fan of affordable, well made highbeat movement divers.

I am in the camp of those who think the “new” logo will in time be unusual and maybe desirable.

For example....

...this ^^^blows the doors off recent Seiko divers at Half the price.
    Yep, same here..I've a black pvd coated Golden Eye and a white dial DT on order..s/b here at the end of the week..at that point, I'll have 8..that doesn't count the 5 I've given to friends and family, either...

Quote Originally Posted by Pjerome View Post
    I think once you have one of each model, and each is one that you like, you need not worry. Unless you want to upgrade. I've had at least 8 already and finally I am down to the 3 I liked most. My Bronze Airman 44mm , my CHIEF, and a Golden Eye. I sold the Incursore and an Airman 17 46mm with Rose Gold appointments...two other combat models and two other Airman..a Purist and one other ( I miss that 17 watch).

New Logo, Old Logo...New Old Logo..If you have a NEW logo with wings it might be so rare in time , it will be a keeper....an Original Old Logo is great, a NEW original Old Logo is good...all are good choices it seems. It's a matter of taste and what each of us likes personally. You are a Glycine owner which means you are not a follower..YOU set the trend, you don't Follow, You Lead!

I celebrate the ones I have and the ones that are now gone..Only the first 3 are current.
    The 2 The Chief watches that I own are 2 of my very favorite watches..terrific bargains, in my view...I may even end up w/ a 3d someday!!..

I'd really like a double twelve, but I'd probably buy used. Hopefully they don't discontinue it because used prices will go up for a while.
    Thunder1 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by steve77 View Post
    I'd really like a double twelve, but I'd probably buy used. Hopefully they don't discontinue it because used prices will go up for a while.
    Between these 3, they seem to have the best prices currently on Glycines...on Ebay try the stores WatchGooRoos & Glycine Direct...on the web, try Ashford watches...good luck hunting!!..

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information