My new Airman 44 Bronze GL0166 - Page 2
Like Tree24Likes

Thread: My new Airman 44 Bronze GL0166

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Re: My new Airman 44 Bronze GL0166

Quote Originally Posted by Pjerome View Post
    Definitely my favorite too. I haven't taken this one off for more than a few hours since receiving it.I have 34 other watches and seldom wear them..except for my Airman 17 47mm and my Combat Golden Eye. Nicest and best running pieces I ever owned. Including Rolex. Let's see my old Rolex GMT keep 3 time zones. :).. I'm not good with stock OE straps .
    Pjerome,
    Who makes the band you have on your Golden Eye?
    -Bill

Quote Originally Posted by Escapist View Post
    Any pictures of how the oxidation is looking now, a couple months later?

Also... why am I having such a hard time finding a bronze/brown Airman?! It's almost as if the watch doesn't "really" exist in any quantity greater than 5. I have found a couple for sale for nearly $2k, and not much further info about them.

I would love to pick one up. Like... I NEED one. :)

Great looking watch, OP. I'm glad you are digging it.
    Several months on, I remain every bit as enthusiastic about and pleased with my bronze Airman as I was on day one. It's still my favorite Airman of the six I have. Here are two current photos, taken this morning. Interestingly, the bronze oxidation/patina seems more apparent (both in the photos and in person) on the side - especially on the crown, the bezel setscrew and the bezel setscrew assembly - though clearly, the "sugaring up" of the bronze is still a natural work in progress...

Name:  1-IMG_0726-cmp-str.JPG
Views: 56
Size:  465.8 KBName:  2-IMG_0737-cmp-str.JPG
Views: 59
Size:  1.08 MB
    Craustin1 and Escapist like this.

I have 35 watches and this and my Airman 17 GMT are the two I wear almost every day. Very habit forming. Very good watches. The bronze lumes all night. Incredible watch.(es). I have many straps for them. A few weeks ago I was in Greece and wore the 17 GMT everyday and night on a Bund Strap.Just a pleasure. Better than my Rolex GMT for sure..I sold it. Why do I need a GMT with 2 time zones when I can have 3 and the bezel locks and it's bigger and easier to read. Bang a Rolex on a wall by accident...pay big time..Bang this one, anyone can fix it.
    Attached Images Attached Images

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Gahh! You guys are making me jealous. I am in love with the aesthetics of the Airman in general, but have been holding off because the bronze looks amazing. I'm searching for bronze case alternatives that tickle my fancy like the GL0166 does, but there is nothing.

The brown on the dial is the absolute perfect tone and so complimentary to the bronze and the overall style of the Airman that I just can't get it out of my head. I need to find one that isn't double or more the MassDrop price, and especially the MSRP. For as much as I love it... I'm not sure I could justify nearly $2,000 for a watch people were grabbing for $600 just a couple months ago. :(

Quote Originally Posted by Escapist View Post
    Gahh! You guys are making me jealous. I am in love with the aesthetics of the Airman in general, but have been holding off because the bronze looks amazing. I'm searching for bronze case alternatives that tickle my fancy like the GL0166 does, but there is nothing.

The brown on the dial is the absolute perfect tone and so complimentary to the bronze and the overall style of the Airman that I just can't get it out of my head. I need to find one that isn't double or more the MassDrop price, and especially the MSRP. For as much as I love it... I'm not sure I could justify nearly $2,000 for a watch people were grabbing for $600 just a couple months ago. :(
    Glycine Direct is selling a bronze one through eBay, blue dial/strap though, not the brown one. Maybe you can contact them and see what they have.
    Travel. Food. Culture. https://tominwanderlust.com/

Quote Originally Posted by wmshell View Post
    Pjerome,
    Who makes the band you have on your Golden Eye?
    -Bill
    In case my reply did not go through...Just about everyone makes a Shark Mesh in PVD. Get one with removable "H" links ONLY...STRAPSCO, Goodcheapman on ebay...Also check out the black Polyurethane Oyster type made for Luminox. Also on Ebay.. Great to wear when you want a change. Shark Mesh is rugged though. You can use many great straps. A Croc, A black leather Rally strap, A black Crock BUND , A leather NATO with black hardware and now , Strap Code has the VINTAGE Razor Bracelet in 22mm Black..Mine is SS on my Incursore. But I put that bracelet on my Airman 17 now and sold the Incursore.I love that Razor. Unfortunate that it costs about $115. now. When I bought mine way back, it was about $50. at the most.I think that bracelet is probably the best overall look but that's my opinion. The Shark Mesh is most comfortable , looks great, lightweight and not expensive.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Craustin1 likes this.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2