New Glycine Combat Sub - Page 6
Like Tree48Likes

Thread: New Glycine Combat Sub

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast

Re: New Glycine Combat Sub

Anyone have a picture of the Titan (GL0092) on the wrist? Would like to see the red bezel in the real world.
    Glycine Airman 18
    Rolex Explorer 214270
    Tudor Black Bay 58
    Rolex Oyster Perpetual 39
    *What do they all have in common?*

Travel. Food. Culture. https://tominwanderlust.com/

Just got one of these from Costco, GL0076. Yes, the link pins were very difficult to remove. I bent 2 pins on my cheap pin removal set. Ended up making new tool pins with music wire. I made the pins just long enough to push the link pin past the nub. Shorter and stiffer.

I usually avoid 3 o'clock crown diver watches. This one seems to conform to my wrist nicely.

I usually wear a Seiko Diver but for the similar money, I thought I would give a Swiss watch a try. We shall see. 3 seconds fast after 20 hrs run time.

Quote Originally Posted by Dobbler View Post
    I liked my GL0076 but the bezel was not well aligned, off by 1mm+. I ended up returning it to Costco for that reason, and not getting past the yellow/greenish numerals/hands.
    I looked at a couple more of the GL0076 and all the bezels were off the same amount. The black/white face/carbon fiber band model (don't remember the number) was properly aligned. Almost picked it up ($289 Costco as well) but the ceramic bezel was a bit too shiny. A flat-black bezel with the bright white face and redish accents would have looked better IMO.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

She's a beauty, wear it in good health

Just taken delivery of a black/grey GL0076 - slightly apprehensive opening the box as I hadn't seen one in the metal. Wow - what a classy looking piece! Early days I know but the
    overall looks, quality and comfort on the wrist are extremely impressive for the price. The dial and bezel look gorgeously different from the usual black - I'd say more grey but very distinctive.
    The watch feels very solid and sits comfortably on my 7.25" wrist. I needed to shorten the bracelet and it took me a while to realise that the screw-heads in the bracelet are decorative. Pushing the pins out as indicated by the arrows was easy and it took just a few minutes to make the necessary adjustment. I've bought and sold most Rolex models and now only have a vintage Air King as a keeper. I've realised that I don't need to invest such large sums when there are such attractive alternatives at a fraction of the price. I've looked at Glycine over the years
    but never bought one. So pleased that finally I own one. Now just waiting for my Squale 'Root Beer' to arrive!
    Sugman and Thunder1 like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Split-2nd View Post
    Yes, Yankee, It's a sharp piece!
    Attachment 14559055
    I wish they would make a steel version with that dial.
    IN ROTATION: Seiko SARB033, SKX007 (NH36 mod), SNA411, SNK809 (rebuild), SUP880, SZSJ005; Orient Bambino V3; Casio DW5600E; Timex Fairfield Sub-Second; Red Star 1963; Vostok 420059; Hamilton Khaki Field Auto; Tissot Le Locle; Glycine Airman 42 GMT
    PURGED: Invicta Pro Diver; Rodina R005; Seiko SSB033; Timex Weekender 38, Easy Readers
    CATCH AND RELEASE: Casio GWM5610; Seiko SKX013, SKX173; Tissot Automatics III, Le Locle Chronometre

Quote Originally Posted by tmvu13 View Post
    Anyone have a picture of the Titan (GL0092) on the wrist? Would like to see the red bezel in the real world.
    For some reason no one posts pictures of them lol, but I got you. And I'll add that I am still looking for the right strap combination. The gold is a bit much for me and initially was considering to (and still may) sell or trade. Name:  IMG_6658.jpeg
Views: 39
Size:  2.31 MB

(Deleted double post)

Newly arrived GL0076
    Attached Images Attached Images

chirs1211 and Michael 808 like this.

I just grabbed a GL0077 from Ashford. Looking forward to getting it. This model has been on my radar for a bit, just never picked it up. This will be my second Sub in the collection. I also have a GL0083 that I really like.

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast

Thread Information