New Glycine Combat Sub
Like Tree50Likes

Thread: New Glycine Combat Sub

Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast

New Glycine Combat Sub

Hey all. I just received a new Combat Sub 42mm. Right out of the box I was impressed with build quality. My previous divers have been Seiko, Orient, etc. I've heard people say the Glycine is OK quality, but not great. Maybe that's true when compared to Swiss watches that cost thousands. But here are a few observations:

Bracelet is fairly good, but a couple of the links were almost impossible to remove. I actually broke my bracelet tool trying to push the pins out. Once it was sized, it's very comfortable

Bezel action is good, clicks are solid and everything lines up perfectly.

The crown/stem really shines. Screwing and unscrewing the crown is a total joy. It's so smooth you can't feel the threads at all. When screwing the crown back down, it catches the threads perfectly and works amazingly well. The movement winds very smooth as well.

Speaking of the movement... it's the ETA 2824 which I know and love. My Hamilton Khaki has the same and runs consistently about +3 seconds per day. So far the Glycine seems to be running very fast, like almost a second per hour. I'll have to give it some time to break in as I've only worn it about 5 hours since it came out of the box now.

So far I'm very impressed with the quality of the watch. We'll keep an eye on the accuracy.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Re: New Glycine Combat Sub

Very cool, I have been eyeing that exact watch as a possible diver addition. Does it appear that the bracelet can be replaced with a different type of strap (leather, nato, etc)? Their site says the bracelet is "integrated" and I am not sure how they are using that term.
    justin86 likes this.

Not bad!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by SunOfAtom View Post
    Very cool, I have been eyeing that exact watch as a possible diver addition. Does it appear that the bracelet can be replaced with a different type of strap (leather, nato, etc)? Their site says the bracelet is "integrated" and I am not sure how they are using that term.
    They just mean curved end links I think. The bracelet is clearly removable. Actually this watch works very well on NATO style straps, as the profile is so low that the extra height from a strap sitting under it doesn't make it too tall.

Banned

Absolutely impressive and lovely looking piece!

Where did you get this? Love the yellow hands and markers.
    Never try to install spring bars in a hurry. -lvt

"Affordable" just means you end up spending the same amount of money, but end up with a greater number of watches. -MandoBear

Quote Originally Posted by Emsflyer84 View Post
    They just mean curved end links I think. The bracelet is clearly removable. Actually this watch works very well on NATO style straps, as the profile is so low that the extra height from a strap sitting under it doesn't make it too tall.
    Excellent, thank you for the info. It looks great on the bracelet, I was just not sure about committing to something that had to be on a bracelet.

Quote Originally Posted by Minorcollector View Post
    Where did you get this? Love the yellow hands and markers.
    Believe it or not, this was through Massdrop. Short lived flash sale based on a certain number of committed orders to lock in a lower price. So I can't tell you who it actually came from as I bought it through the third party, Massdrop. But the warranty card is stamped with "authorized distributor" which was a nice surprise :) But this version is available on Amazon as well.

The yellow is an awesome contrast. And the dial is a cool smoky black, and the bezel looks black or grey depending on the lighting. I like the "battleship grey" hands as well.
    Minorcollector likes this.

Hadn't seen that one before - very nice!

Nice bro awesome pick up!!

Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast

Thread Information