Tryng to identify early Airman Special

Thread: Tryng to identify early Airman Special

Confused Tryng to identify early Airman Special

I have been researching every web cite I can find in order to identify my old Airman Special. There sure are a lot of variations. I'm hoping someone can help me pin down exactly what model I have. I bought it at the BX in Viet Nam late Sixties, Airman Special, Serial number 872226, the Special is in script lettering. I think the back is a snap fit. Back says 'Stainless Steel, Automatic, Waterproof, Incabloc, Swiss'. Has been in my footlocker in it's original box, setting in my Mother's attic since 1970. I just picked up my belongings and found it again. It started up, and after 35 years it has been keeping time to the second with my Quartz Invicta. Don't think they make then like this any more!

Re: Tryng to identify early Airman Special

There are not that many variations, I am suprised that you think there are! Assuming it is a 1960's model the only likely variation is the movement it will either be a 17 jewel AS1701 or a 17 jewel AS1903 for the later models.

Re: Tryng to identify early Airman Special

Dovidas!

Exciting to hear more about your Airman. Can you post pictures of the watch and the box?

rgds,
    /joakim

Thread Information