Is two Glycines too many?
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: Is two Glycines too many?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Is two Glycines too many?

I've had an Airman 42 for a few months and it was a great travel watch. My second Glycine is in the mail - couldn't resist getting a good deal on a bronze Swiss diver.

But I'm starting to worry that two Glycines will be too many. For context, I have only 3 other mechanical watches in my collection - an Explorer 2 which gets the vast majority of wrist time, a Junghans Max Bill, and a Seiko 5.

Starting to think that it's not great to be weighted so heavily in a brand that seems to be increasingly value-oriented. I'd like to be saving money towards a Breitling/Omega diver or a dressier Rolex but that Bronze Combat Sub was just too tempting.

Re: Is two Glycines too many?

Since you asked for my opinion, here it is: No, not too many. Relax and enjoy your beautiful new bronze Combat Sub!!

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

/shrug i don't know. i like Glycine, because it *is* value-oriented and i like their unique designs. but your broader point is that you're saving for an Omega or Breitling or another Rolex. you should keep focused on that and not get distracted by other watches, Glycine or not.
    Travel. Food. Culture. https://tominwanderlust.com/

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Nope, great watch at a fair price. Enjoy them.
    Today would be a good day to delete your Facebook account:

Here is why:

https://forums.watchuseek.com/f73/fa...l#post48047643

The Airman and the Combat Sub are very different watches. Just because they're the same brand doesn't make it wrong to like and buy them. The bronze diver is a great value and will give you something different in your collection.

In the bigger picture, you have other watch goals. Your concern should be in focusing on your goals and not getting caught in the rabbit hole of more affordable watches that delay you from your larger goals, whether those more affordable watches are from the same or different brands. That is, unless your goal changes to obtain more watches of greater variety rather than fewer watches of greater luxury. That's your decision to make, but whichever it is it's always good to stick to your goals and not let something distract you from them.

Hope not, because I have 3 and plan to add more at some point. The accuracy and build quality are great for the price.

No definitely not, i currently have 5 and will likely get a couple ore at some point :)

Chris
    OKEAH Final Edition. 1976-2011. Proud owner of the original watch. Serial number: 251/300

If it is then I have double too many.
    Thunder1 likes this.

I have 2 Airman, a Bronze and a SS with Rose gold trim 17 . Both GMT models..and I have a Combat Golden Eye. I even had an Incursore but sold it to get the Bronze Airman. I have 35 watches..Now, NONE get wrist time other than Glycines unless I need a specific watch for a specific use , or to match an activity or what i'm wearing. Most times the Glycine will do it all.. I actually sold my Rolex GMT Master after 27 years and I don't miss it a bit. Glycine watches are more unique and that's why I like them. When you wear a Rolex it makes one type of impression..Sometimes I want that, most times I don't. The Glycines are much more fun to wear and it just seems nice to not be worried about a scratch or some crazy thing happening to my watch . Anyone can fix a Glycine if they are a professional. I think one of each model is not crazy for any watch you you like. Unless it's a Panerai...In order to have one of each model you would need an entire room...then again, if you had one of each INVICTA you'd need a warehouse. :)
    ohhenry1 likes this.

I love the airman. I have a No.1 with black dial. I'm going to end up swapping the black dial for a white dial No.1 to use as a dress watch and then I plan on getting a 42mm black dial DC-4 or Base 22 as my daily wearer.

I love the history of Glycine. Two is not too many.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information