Vintage Glycine... - Page 2
Like Tree11Likes

Thread: Vintage Glycine...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Re: Vintage Glycine...

Many thanks Emre, I have stripped and rebuilt a few watch movements but this one is keeping great time so it will stay in its case!
    i am a real admirer of Glycine, it's history and bought an early Airman a few years back, complete with its original Glycine SS bracelet. Sadly, the unusual hack mechanism is no longer present, but the watch is still a great piece and runs perfectly.
    I'll post some fotos asap

Yep let's see that beauty. In the meantime you know that the hacking mechanism can be healed. Across the pond in The Netherlands is a watchmaker who restores the hacking mechanisms of the vintage Airman; Ronald Prins is his name. Let me know if you want to be connected for future.
    Glycine Heritage

Well, here it is. Bought it a few years back from the original owner here in UK. Unusual, as I have not seen many from that era being owned this side of the pond although it was and still is very popular in the US.
    The case number is 913607 and also on the press fit case back it also reads PAT 314050, 323.1119
    from the Airman charts I'm reading it as from 1967 with an AS 1902/3 movement, although main crown is not cross hatched and may be a replacement. The bracelet is original I believe. What do you think?
    I have family in Holland and so it would be pretty easy to get this baby's hack restored by Mr Prins. If you could link us it would be much appreciated Emre.
    all the best
    Attached Images Attached Images

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Nice oldtimer with the Glcine logo. You are right it falls into manufacture year 1967, Q2 to be precise and it has the A.Schild 1902/03 movement. Since this is a 'Special' model it would be a 17 jewel AS 1903 version.

Ronald Prins can be reached through his website: Glycine horloges | Uw Klokkenmaker

Not sure if he has cross hatched crowns in stock but we can source it from our CONUS Glycine heritage watchmaker, they are also connected with each other,so that's also fixable.Let Ronald know your preferences if you want crystal and crown changes he can source it while he restores the hacking mechanism and services the movement.

As for the bracelet, Airman was sold generally with fixo-flex style ss bands or leather strap options. But with that Glycine logo on clasp and the fitting curved endlinks it's a great combo.
    nome93 likes this.
    Glycine Heritage

Many thanks Emre, I will contact Mr Prins and plan to be in Holland in early August so hope I can bring this particular Airman back to its original state.
    It is currently keeping very accurate time, as is the sub second Glycine in my previous post, but I'll get it properly serviced by Mr Prins to give it many more years of life.

Watch now running perfectly after a full service by Ronald Prins. Hack is now working and new cross hatched crown fitted (supplied from our CONUS Glycine heritage watchmaker)
    Another vintage Airman continues ticking like new!
    Many thanks Emre and Ronald and of course to WUS without which our world of watches would be a little less enjoyable.
    nome93 likes this.

Banned

That is a gorgeous old watch.

Thanks for reporting back. Great to hear that all is now functional and correct.I love these stories, thanks for your commitment.

Ronald Prins is the heritage watchmaker for Europe and is a very reliable contact who has a very rich knowledge on new and older movements. He is servicing my early automatics collection nowadays,can't wait to see them back.
    Glycine Heritage

What do you think about this one? Any suggestion and price for a full service in europe.thanksName:  848A26BE-01A2-404D-857F-4C7971D62A4C.jpeg
Views: 213
Size:  916.2 KB
    Emre likes this.

Looks good case and dial, hands are re-lumed. I kind of see that hole at 24 o'clock but needs closer inspection. Service quote, I suggest you contact Ronald Prins ( contact info in above post ) for it. I doubt that anyone can give a remote service bill without knowing what the issues are or may be. It happens often that the wire popping up at 24 o'clock is just bent under the dial so that saves you from 200-300 USD...
    Glycine Heritage

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information