Is $950 a good price for a Cartier Pasha Big Date watch?
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By amine

Thread: Is $950 a good price for a Cartier Pasha Big Date watch?

Is $950 a good price for a Cartier Pasha Big Date watch?

Hello,

My first post here so thanks for your help in advance. I have an opportunity to buy a early 2000's womans Cartier Pasha c "big date" watch. Silver with the rose colored face. A japanese student here in Santa Barbara needs money for her tuition. She says she purchased it for $6000 in Japan in the early 2000's. She is selling for $950 obo. I will offer her $800 for it. She says it works perfectly, has a few scratches, no box, but she has the cartier red velvety bag for it.

First, is this a good price? My searches have come up with an avg retail price of $2000-3000.

Secondly, I think i will have her meet me at a watch shop so a jeweler can verifty its authenticity.

There is a Cartier store here, would they be able to verify it? Is there anything i can do to verify the authenticity?

What would devalue the price on this watch?

Thanks!!!!! Ken

Re: Is $950 a good price for a Cartier Pasha Big Date watch?

Ask her when it was last serviced.

Quote Originally Posted by Watchbreath View Post
    Ask her when it was last serviced.
    I don't think it has been serviced. I called Bryant and Son's a Cartier dealer here in SB and they said they have an appraiser than will authenticate it. They said they can also give me an estimate on any work needed, polish job, etc.

If it has not been serviced, should i deduct that from the asking price?

What service would be recommended?

thanks!

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

The usual service, cleaning and oiling. A full service and spiffy jobs will run about 500 to 700 USD. It would
    difficult to deduct that if it's real.

That is a pretty good price, though watch out. Cartier are faked all day. Make absolute sure to open the case back. Do not buy that thing without having it checked out. Papers and dealer card would be good.

Moderator High-end watches amine's Avatar

Moved to Public.
    CitizenM likes this.
    Oris Flight Timer R4118,Oris Carlos Coste 2007,Oris TT3,Rolex Submariner date,Rolex Milgauss GV,Rolex cosmograph Daytona,Rolex GMT Master II-C,Patek Philippe Nautilus 5712/1A,A.Lange & Söhne Lange1,Breguet Le Reveil Du Tsar,Vacheron Constantin Overseas Dual Time,Audemars Piguet ROO Safari,Omega SMP1164,Panerai 177,Panerai 88,Panerai 214,Panerai 233,Breitling Navitimer world,Tag Heuer aquaracer D/D, Tag Heuer Microtimer,Tag Heuer SLR 2007 L.E,Tag Heuer Carrera, Cartier Santos 100,Frederique Constant Austin Healey L.E,Maurice Lacroix Pontos,Maurice Lacroix MP Double Retrograde,Chopard Mille Miglia GT XL 2007 L.E,Tissot Moto GP 2007 L.E,JeanRichard Chronoscope J-051,JeanRichard Chronoscope 25030,JeanRichard Bressel 16012,Longines Lindbergh 47mm,Girard Perregaux Laureato Evo3,Jaeger-Le-Coultre Master World Geographic,IWC Classic Pilot Chrono,IWC 5001 Portuguese 7 Days,Baume & Mercier Hampton XL Magnum,Zenith Defy Classic Chrono Aero,Zenith Defy Extreme Chrono,Longines Legend Diver...etc

If the watch is genuine, I think that's a good price, but I don't really think of the Pasha as being one of Cartier's more iconic women's watches. I prefer the look of the Tank or the Ballon Bleu.

Patek Philippe Calatrava 5119J; Vacheron Constantin Overseas; Jaeger-LeCoultre Grande Reverso Duo; Rolex Submariner 114060; Omega Seamaster 300; Montblanc Heritage Dual Time; Tudor Black Bay.

Armida A12; Borealis Estoril; Bulova Accutron II Alpha, Moonwatch; Casio GMW-B5000D, GW-5000, GST-W310; Certina DS-2; Coach Fulton; Hamilton Khaki Field; Helson Skindiver; Orient 60th Anniversary; Seagull Tourbillon, 1963 Air Force; Seiko SNA089P, SUN025P1; Steinhart OVM; Swatch Body and Soul, Heracles, Sistem51, Uncle Charly; Victorinox Alliance, Infantry Vintage.

If genuine and you want a Pasha, buy it.

If you don't want a Pasha and are going to flip it, check completed auctions on Fleabay. See if it's worth your time.

Thread Information