***Steinhart or Christopher Ward***
Like Tree4Likes

Thread: ***Steinhart or Christopher Ward***

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

***Steinhart or Christopher Ward***

So I need some help on this. I have been doing a lot of research and am very close to pulling the trigger on a new watch for 2013. I have literally looked for hours at threads and reviews and everything under the sun wondering what to buy. I have about $700 to spend on this next watch purchase. If I love it and have to have it I may go further. Here is my dilema.

I have narrowed it down to the following two watch brands. Steinhart and Christopher Ward. I really do like a lot of the designs and both companies offer an automatic in my price range. However I am conflicted. I am looking for anyone with an opinion on what would be the best choice to go with. I would appreciate any opinions and personal experiences that would assist in making my final decision.

I am currently considering the Steinhart Triton 100 ATM and the Christopher Ward C60 or C11.

TGB

Re: ***Steinhart or Christopher Ward***

I've owned two Christopher Ward C60s and can say that it is one of my favorites. And I've owned nearly every major brand. The thing that made me pick them over Steinhart is that the C60s is an homage but the Steinhart feels like too much like its inspiration, too much of a copy. The styling of the C60s is excellent and its a great watch for the money. Don't forget, cw has the best customer service and warranty in the business.
    Last edited by bamagrad03; December 27th, 2012 at 05:46.
    Omega Planet Ocean 2500C
    Christopher Ward C60 Trident
    Oris Aquis

Christopher Ward is always running discounts. You can get a $75 voucher on ebay for nothing. If you email them, they'll generally give you at least a 10% off code.

But the C60 I just bought was $595 USD which included $25 shipping. I got a 10% off code by asking.

Also, are you looking at the COSC C60 or the regular one? The COSC is a good bit more expensive than the regular one.

Expensive COSC:
    http://www.christopherward.co.uk/men...-cosc-sks.html

Regular:
    http://www.christopherward.co.uk/men...0-tri-sks.html
    Last edited by bamagrad03; December 27th, 2012 at 17:13.
    Omega Planet Ocean 2500C
    Christopher Ward C60 Trident
    Oris Aquis

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Having owned a CW that's the route I would go, plus it doesn't look like a direct Rolex clone.

CW has no current discounts right now though. The 10% and vouchers are both over (ended before Christmas). They are having a sale on the Jan 1st, which you can preview here: Preview. From a quick glance, it looks like the C60 and C11 are only available in the nearly new sale, so there are limited amounts.

Also want to point out, OP is looking at the Triton and not any of Steinhart's sub clones. It's arguably a more original design than the C60.
    Last edited by Citizen V; December 27th, 2012 at 17:23.

I think I will go with the regular one. I would like to go for the expensive one but I think that I would be just as happy with the regular. You mentioned that you own one. do you own the regular I assume? How do you like it compared to other watches you own? I have also read it wears bigger than expected. Did you find this true?

They are both very nice. If you were disposed to by a pre owned one you'd find them here eventually, and could have both.
    Just sayin'
    Doboji likes this.

I think you can't go wrong either way... I think the C60 is too close to a Sub Homage for me to feel comfortable with personally. Which is a shame, and a little weird, because if there wasn't a Rolex Sub, I'd probably already own the C60 with the charcoal bezel. I've owned a couple Steinharts and I think they make a stellar product. The triton is a very unique looking watch, I think thats probably the route I would choose.

PS. Size plays a role too, isn't the Triton much larger than the C60?

Collection:
    RGM 801A - Montblanc Twinfly Flyback Chronograph -
    Omega AquaTerra GMT - 1972 Heuer Autavia Viceroy - Ball Engineer Master II Diver World Time
    JeanRichard Terrascope - Longines Legend Diver(Date) - Luminox 6250 - Hamilton Intra-Matic(42mm) - Magrette Moana Pacific Professional - Oris XXL Pointer Day

Intagram: @dobowatches

Quote Originally Posted by Doboji View Post
    PS. Size plays a role too, isn't the Triton much larger than the C60?
    Yes it sure does. That is the one thing that has been my hang up with the C60 is how big it is. I am not ruling it out but I am thinking the Triton is more my size. However quality is my big question which seems like either is going to be fine. I have also heard that CW customer service is dynamite and they always go out of their way to make sure you are satisfied. Anyone else have experience with that?

Quote Originally Posted by thegreatbambino86 View Post
    Yes it sure does. That is the one thing that has been my hang up with the C60 is how big it is. I am not ruling it out but I am thinking the Triton is more my size. However quality is my big question which seems like either is going to be fine. I have also heard that CW customer service is dynamite and they always go out of their way to make sure you are satisfied. Anyone else have experience with that?
    I think you have that backwards though... the Triton 100ATM is 45mm and the Christopher Ward is a 42mm...

Collection:
    RGM 801A - Montblanc Twinfly Flyback Chronograph -
    Omega AquaTerra GMT - 1972 Heuer Autavia Viceroy - Ball Engineer Master II Diver World Time
    JeanRichard Terrascope - Longines Legend Diver(Date) - Luminox 6250 - Hamilton Intra-Matic(42mm) - Magrette Moana Pacific Professional - Oris XXL Pointer Day

Intagram: @dobowatches

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information