*WHAT's DOMINATING Your Watch Collection* Swiss? Japanese? Chinese? German? Russian? Etc.

Thread: *WHAT's DOMINATING Your Watch Collection* Swiss? Japanese? Chinese? German? Russian? Etc.

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
    North-By-Nortwest of El Capitan, Yosemite, California

Off Topic post *WHAT's DOMINATING Your Watch Collection* Swiss? Japanese? Chinese? German? Russian? Etc.

The answer will more than likely be all over the map as most of us started collecting watches in various points in our lives, and our buying habits and consumer preferences were shaped by the dynamics, transformation, evolution, trends, innovation, consolidation, mergers and acquisitions, etc. in the world of watches

Swiss-made watches were king-of-the-hill...and quite conceivably, they may still claim the prestige and reputation...but if market share is the true measure, then, other players like Japan and China are closing-in fast (the WIS/gurus in our group can probably share some stats).

I had a couple of watches when I first got started....a Luminox and a Swiss Army (both Swiss-made). I bought these watches back in the late'80s and they're still ticking...still going strong. I've added more pieces over the years and since joining the WUS Forum, most of my watches are Japanese....I have a couple of Chinese watches and one Russian (Moscow Classic 2416 Aeronavigator).

So, just for the benefit of our members & colleagues, just wanted to find out what most of us have in our collection, and perhaps, if you're so inclined, mentioned your "TOP CHOICES", whether, Swiss/Japanese/Chinese/German/Russian/Others??? Pictures of your pride-and-joy would be nice...THANKS!

Re: *WHAT's DOMINATING Your Watch Collection* Swiss? Japanese? Chinese? German? Russian? Etc.

Primarily Swiss. Primarily self winding. Primarily vintage.

Rick

Incoming: Heuer Autavia 'Siffert'

Re: *WHAT's DOMINATING Your Watch Collection* Swiss? Japanese? Chinese? German? Russian? Etc.

My watch collection is Victorinox Swiss Army heavy, second to that will be Seiko.

Victorinox Swiss Army is one of the most entry level reliable swiss made watch anyone can get on the market. The brand has good dependable, reliable, menly impression. Appropriate for wide age rang and wide status rank. Never out of place. I know some ladies like to judge a man by what watch they wear. A young man wearing a Rolex can be misunderstand by over spendy. Some might judge men from wealthy family and go after them. I, do not want any girl like that to be after me. While women judge men by their watches at the same time, they don't know much about watches. Seiko is also a reliable, dependable brand but because it is Japanese not Swiss made, those women often think Seiko is cheap. Regardless of what women think about watches, not every men willing to place good amount of money on watches. Even wealthy men. Wearing a Swiss Army will not let them read as not wealthy but careful with money. Often you can find CEOs down to college graduate students wearing a Swiss Army. It is hard to tell Swiss Army wearer's financial status except those men are menly. I have never coming across any other brand provide such success in brand image and widely accepted. Not being reading too much to be misunderstood.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Russian, Mostly Vostoks. Just a few of my Russians. Check out my Avatar also. It's a Volmax Avaitor.

Name:  WU9.jpg
Views: 603
Size:  147.0 KBName:  E11A.jpg
Views: 587
Size:  147.1 KBName:  WU10.jpg
Views: 583
Size:  80.2 KBName:  E2.jpg
Views: 574
Size:  108.8 KBName:  WU7.jpg
Views: 565
Size:  123.7 KBName:  E10A.jpg
Views: 564
Size:  137.4 KBName:  E4.jpg
Views: 553
Size:  80.3 KBName:  E25.jpg
Views: 561
Size:  116.7 KB

Swiss dominates but Japanese is second due to a bunch of G-Shocks.

LL

Mostly Japanese due to the variety of affordables they make.
    Daily Rotation:
    International Watchman Tempus, Mido Datoday Commander gold, Seiko Alpinist green,
    Orient Star Open Heart burgundy, Rado Diastar purple, Vostok SE orange, Vostok Ministry SE yellow

Italian!

I have 3 Anonimos and a Locman.

Then:
    Swiss: 3
    German: 1
    Russian: 1
    Chinese: 1
    BALL Trainmaster Cleveland Express
    ANONIMO Cronoscopio
    LACO Pilot B Miyota
    OMEGA Speedmaster 3510.21
    SEA-GULL 1963 Re-issue
    BREITLING Navitimer A13322
    FORTIS B42 Flieger Day/Date
    ANONIMO D-Date
    LOCMAN 1970
    BALL Engineer II Moon Glow

ANONIMO DINO ZEI Narvalo
    VOSTOK Amphibian
    OMEGA Speedmaster 3506.61.00
    BREITLING Sprint
    BENARUS Moray 4 - Model B

5 Swiss, 2 German, 1 Japanese.

Likely to be more German down the track. I seem to have a thing for them at the moment.

In my current rotation, I have 5 Swiss but I do have a Sumo incoming.
    Over the past 10 years or so I'd say my collection has been about 75% Swiss, 20% Japanese and 5% German or so.

All Swiss except for 1 German Tank
    Attached Images Attached Images

The difference between men and boys is the price of their toys.

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread Information