[HELP] Cannot send private message to one user in particular
Like Tree8Likes

Thread: [HELP] Cannot send private message to one user in particular

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Question [HELP] Cannot send private message to one user in particular

Hello everybody,

I don't know where else to post this, but I'm having an issue on here...

I have been PMing back and forth with a user on here, but all of the sudden I can no longer send him/her private messages.

The option to send him/her a private message no longer shows up in his/her profile, and when I try to reply to an old PM from him/her in my inbox, I get a message at the top of the screen that says:

"********* has chosen not to receive private messages or may not be allowed to receive private messages. Therefore you may not send your message to him/her."

What does this mean? Have they literally turned off their private messaging? Have they added me to their ignore list? Is it a known glitch with the website? (I have seen this could be the case after a Google/forum search).

However, I can send and receive messages to/from other users.

Is it possible that it's simply a website glitch and that they also cannot send me PMs anymore? I've checked my settings and my PMs are enabled. The user I am talking to has 0 posts, so I also cannot talk to them in a thread either, and I have no other way of getting a hold of them. (I have their cell phone number, but it's from a different country and I don't seem to be able to get a text message through, unless they're ignoring it or it's not the right number, I don't know for sure. I may try calling them at a later date if anything goes wrong. (We were communicating about our in-progress watch trade). So far they have given me no reason to be worried, but they have received their watches from me, and I have not received his/her watch yet, although the USPS tracking shows it's almost here, it's just really slow and wonky. The user provided me with a lot of proof/credentials including timestamped images of the watch I'm getting in the trade and communication was excellent; so so far until I get the watch I don't have any other reason to be worried and I don't want to jump to conclusions. It's just weird that I can't message them around the time that after they got my watches, and they did not send me a PM saying that they got my watches, but I saw on the tracking that they were delivered to his home. (we shipped each other's watches the same day too).

Also, over 50 of my posts disappeared from my post count.

Any help is appreciated.

Last edited by Wicing; June 17th, 2019 at 04:29.
    My Watch Collection
    Rolex Oyster Perpetual 114200
    Tudor Heritage Black Bay 79230
    Tudor Heritage Black Bay 36 79500
    Tudor Heritage Ranger 79910
    Hamilton Khaki Field Mechanical 694290
    Hamilton Khaki Field Mechanical 694390

Re: [HELP] Cannot send private message to one user in particular

Is it concerning a sale to a scammer who has been banned?

Quote Originally Posted by pickle puss View Post
    Is it concerning a sale to a scammer who has been banned?
    No.

EDIT: Their account DOES NOT say banned. They were online recently according to their profile.
    Last edited by Wicing; June 17th, 2019 at 04:59.
    My Watch Collection

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

If you were put on his "ignore" list, usually you wouldn't be notified of that. One possibility is that his mailbox might be full, although this seems unlikely for a guy with zero posts. It does happen, though, and there is nothing you can do until he realizes that it is full, and empties it. He may have been banned, or may have opted out of the site--all kinds of possibilities, but I doubt a site "glitch" is one of them. I would tread carefully doing business in such a situation, regardless.

Quote Originally Posted by timefleas View Post
    If you were put on his "ignore" list, usually you wouldn't be notified of that. One possibility is that his mailbox might be full, although this seems unlikely for a guy with zero posts. It does happen, though, and there is nothing you can do until he realizes that it is full, and empties it. He may have been banned, or may have opted out of the site--all kinds of possibilities, but I doubt a site "glitch" is one of them. I would tread carefully doing business in such a situation, regardless.
    Yeah,

Basically everything was going perfectly fine until this.

Once I get the watch I really wont care about the sudden lack of communication. But it is just weird timing.

I can't assume that there's been foul play until I get the package and inspect the watch. If I don't get it then it's USPS' fault, but it would be nice to be able to contact the trading partner to get the insurance money from it if the package never arrives, that is, if they insured it. USPS tracking is just being annoying and it's an international shipment, so I can't assume anything about the person yet, it's just weird that all of the sudden I can't message them anymore. But as you said, their mailbox could be full.
    My Watch Collection

OP trades with someone with 0 posts in a different country and can no longer receive his PMs and is wondering where his end of the trade is. Hmmm....
    Omega Speedmaster Pro 3570.50
    Omega SMP 2255.80 "Electric Blue"
    Omega SMP GMT 2538.20 "Great White"
    Omega Planet Ocean 42mm 2500D
    Citizen Royal Marines Commando
    Orient Triton
    Precista PRS-14

Quote Originally Posted by ChuckW View Post
    OP trades with someone with 0 posts in a different country and can no longer receive his PMs and is wondering where his end of the trade is. Hmmm....
    The deal was fair and too good to pass on. But not unbelievably good. There was no reason to be suspicious.

The country they are from is the last place you would expect to get scammed.

Their address was valid.

Communication was great until this hiccup.

Photos were theirs and timestamped.

It's normal for international snail mail to suck, plus they live in a pretty out of the way place.

I wont be destroyed if the deal ends up falling through, I was willing to take a chance on it and the watch I'm supposed to be getting appeals to me greatly. If I lost my watches then so be it. I just wanted to get an answer as to the PM issue. I figured mentioning the basis for the question was relevant enough. I'm not jumping to conclusions and assuming I've been scammed unless the box contains no watch with no signs of theft when I get it.
    My Watch Collection

I have never had this happen to me but since you have already stated that you got a message that essentially says his account has been put on ice.

Quote Originally Posted by Wicing View Post
    <snip>
    I have been PMing back and forth with a user on here, but all of the sudden I can no longer send him/her private messages.
    ::
    The option to send him/her a private message no longer shows up in his/her profile, and when I try to reply, I get a message at the top of the screen that says:

[B]"********* [COLOR=#3E3E3E]has chosen not to receive private messages or may not be allowed to receive private messages. Therefore you may not send your message to him/her."
    It is not a system glitch since you can PM with others and I doubt you are on ignore because it doesn't account for why you got that message (above) from the system.

Why don't you approach the administrator if you have concerns about the trade you are doing with him/her? Just saying.

Post disappearing from your post count has got to do with the administrator or moderator having determined you as a Speedposter and has decided to remove some of your posts deemed as contributing to your high post count. Your answer is in the forum rules.
    timefleas and 5959HH like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Dogbert_is_fat View Post
    I have never had this happen to me but since you have already stated that you got a message that essentially says his account has been put on ice.

It is not a system glitch since you can PM with others and I doubt you are on ignore because it doesn't account for why you got that message (above) from the system.

Why don't you approach the administrator if you have concerns about the trade you are doing with him/her? Just saying.

Post disappearing from your post count has got to do with the administrator or moderator having determined you as a Speedposter and has decided to remove some of your posts deemed as contributing to your high post count. Your answer is in the forum rules.
    Ah ok. Yes I was speedposting, but totally unrelated to this. I only mentioned that to understand why.

EDIT: Who should I contact to ask about his account possibly being put on ice?
    My Watch Collection

Quote Originally Posted by Wicing View Post
    Ah ok. Yes I was speedposting, but totally unrelated to this. I only mentioned that to understand why.

EDIT: Who should I contact to ask about his account possibly being put on ice?
    Correct. It is unrelated but you put it out there and it looked like a system glitch wiped out 50 posts.

Make use of the "Report" button in your PM (see picture below) and flag a possible fraud/scam if you believe you have been scammed. The administrator will investigate the user's account.

Name:  Report_button.png
Views: 118
Size:  52.1 KB

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread Information