[Question] Watch Suggestion for my budget
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: [Question] Watch Suggestion for my budget

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

[Question] Watch Suggestion for my budget

Hi all, I'm new to complicated watch actually, thus it is better i ask around some pro at this forum. I'm planning to get a new watch soon, but i am not familiar which brand and quality is a best buy pieces:

1. my max budget is USD 2,000
    2. it should have time & minutes, moon phase, date, month, day
    3. automatic movement but not China movement, but i don't think USD 2k can get an in-house movement.....

With above requirement, can anyone of you guys suggest a similar watch? I have give my eye on Titoni Master series Moonphase, but it's not my final decision yet.

If anyone know there is a moon phase watch from Seiko or Citizen, do post at here as well, thank you ^^

Re: [Question] Watch Suggestion for my budget

Baume & Mercier and Maurice Lacroix probably have something that can accommodate you in a moonphase for that price, minus the in-house movement. Nomos is exceptional value in a dress watch for $2,000 with an in-house movement, but you'd have to give up the moonphase ambition.
    "The stuff that dreams are made of…" - RGM ‘801 EE Motor Barrel’

Quote Originally Posted by mpalmer View Post
    Baume & Mercier and Maurice Lacroix .....
    Maurice Lacroix has an outstanding design, while nomos design is simple ... i will prefer Maurice Lacroix =D

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

anymore watch suggestion? @@

bring up my post

Oris do a trip date moonphase

Quote Originally Posted by geoffbot View Post
    Oris do a trip date moonphase
    Oris might be over budget. Wempe also does one.
    Frederique Constant does a moonphase for under $2k
    Rolex Submariner, Tag Heuer Monaco, Mido Multifort, Christopher Ward C5 Malvern MkII, Seiko Mini Turtle

Here's the thing: You want a mechanical calendar watch with a moonphase for under $2000. That's like asking for Mercedes Benz with power everything and hot blonde in it for cheap. A calendar is a pretty elaborate complication; a calendar with day is more; adding a moon phase is making for a very complex timepiece and probably launching you out of the entry level bracket. If you can afford a watch with all of these complications then you simply need to adjust your budget, but if you're budget is solid you should be looking at more practical watches instead of settling on some cheap, chinese-made toy-store grade watch that'll HAVE all that for under $2000, but that'll only be worth a stick of gum. Three hands, swiss made, mechanical, maybe a date. MAYBE a moonphase if you just like the aesthetics, but a calendar is a pretty intense complication you may have to save up for later. Good luck!
    I've spent my money on women, whisky and watches. The rest I just wasted.

Quote Originally Posted by stapleton33 View Post
    Here's the thing: You want a mechanical calendar watch with a moonphase for under $2000. That's like asking for Mercedes Benz with power everything and hot blonde in it for cheap. A calendar is a pretty elaborate complication; a calendar with day is more; adding a moon phase is making for a very complex timepiece and probably launching you out of the entry level bracket. If you can afford a watch with all of these complications then you simply need to adjust your budget, but if you're budget is solid you should be looking at more practical watches instead of settling on some cheap, chinese-made toy-store grade watch that'll HAVE all that for under $2000, but that'll only be worth a stick of gum. Three hands, swiss made, mechanical, maybe a date. MAYBE a moonphase if you just like the aesthetics, but a calendar is a pretty intense complication you may have to save up for later. Good luck!
    Blunt but accurate.
    Rolex Submariner, Tag Heuer Monaco, Mido Multifort, Christopher Ward C5 Malvern MkII, Seiko Mini Turtle

Quote Originally Posted by stapleton33 View Post
    Here's the thing: You want a ......
    Thank you stapleton, how do you think about quality on an ETA movement (ie. ETA 2892), they did offer what i need within my budget, but not sure about the quality, can you give a comment on it?

How about Miyota 821A movement?

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information