[SOLVED - CITIZEN WON] CITIZEN vs TISSOT
Like Tree42Likes

Thread: [SOLVED - CITIZEN WON] CITIZEN vs TISSOT

Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

[SOLVED - CITIZEN WON] CITIZEN vs TISSOT

Gentlemen, good morning!

Available to buy a watch, I have $300.00 dollars.

Do not ask me why, because even I know, but I do not like watches ORIENT and SEIKO. Thus, by elimination, among the best manufacturers of watches and machines, left me only CITIZEN and Tissot.

I have registered in this forum, because of this question: Should I buy an Eco-Drive (solar) or a PR100 (quartz)?

They told me, many of my colleagues: "The Eco-Drive watches have better machine, therefore: They last for many years to more than the PR100! Plus, you will not spend on batteries and maintaining." So, what they said corresponds to truth?

Regarding the TISSOT, the PR100 is the only option; while the CITIZEN, there are several models of Eco-Drive line as option... All of them within the amount available and all of them are chronographs and with sapphire glass. This is: both, the PR100, as the Eco-Drive line watches, are beautiful and with similar characteristics. The only difference, the only causative factor of doubt and indecision, is the machine: Japanese vs. Swiss.

What should I buy?

Aesthetically, I would choose the TISSOT; but with regard to quality, whose definition is the most important, relevant and significant to me, I have no idea which one to choose.

The suggestions and recommendations, I will wait anxiously.

P.S.¹: Here are my options: BL5400-52A / AT8011-55E / T0494101105301

P.S.²: Forgive me the grammar mistakes, I'm not American. I am Brazilian.

Name:  MJ0yp83.jpg
Views: 708
Size:  48.9 KBName:  T2dMhkc.jpg
Views: 705
Size:  49.9 KBName:  ztFLK2w.jpg
Views: 706
Size:  41.9 KB
    Last edited by Mr. Cabral; July 12th, 2014 at 14:40.

Re: CITIZEN vs TISSOT

Can't go wrong with either one in that price category. I would say quality on both are comparable, the Tissot has "Swiss Made" on the dial and has a Swiss quartz movement in it if that is important to you. I have owned both, the Tissot I had was an automatic mechanical and the Citizen is an GMT Eco-Drive that lasted 13 years before it quit running. Needs a new movement according to Citizen and I plan on having it fixed this year. The Tissot can have the battery replaced anywhere, the Eco-Drive will have to go back to Citizen for any service if needed. Hope this helps.
    Mr. Cabral likes this.

Citizen
    Mr. Cabral likes this.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

I am extremely indecisive... I want to buy a watch that will survive more than 10 years. I do not know why, but my colleagues said the Tissot PR100 will not last as long. As for the Citizen, I know people who has more than 20 years. But Tissot is very charming and stylish. I am going mad with this doubt! Lol

Citizen... eco-drives are extremely reliable, and you've noticed the variety of styles.

But, Tissot make nice watches too, so if you like that you should not feel like you are missing out.
    Mr. Cabral likes this.

Welcome. If all other things are equal - price, sapphire, water resistance etc, and you like the look of the Tissot more, then I would buy the Tissot. I personally prefer the convenience of eco-drive, but not enough to choose it on movement alone over a better looking (in my eyes) standard quartz.

If you prefer the look of Tissot, go for it. In 10 years many things can happen - most probably you will get bored with only one watch and will buy another one just for fun.

PS: if you buy the one you prefer less, you may have buyer remorse later on. So go for Tissot.
    Last edited by Orex; July 11th, 2014 at 13:49.
    Mr. Cabral likes this.

I liked all the clocks. All are beautiful. My doubt is regarding the quality.

I have posted photos.

Quote Originally Posted by GlennO View Post
    Welcome. If all other things are equal - price, sapphire, water resistance etc, and you like the look of the Tissot more, then I would buy the Tissot. I personally prefer the convenience of eco-drive, but not enough to choose it on movement alone over a better looking (in my eyes) standard quartz.
    Sapphire, just the Tissot and the AT8011-55E. As to water resistance, the AT8011-55E have to 200M; while others have water resistance to 100M.

Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Thread Information