Hi fellow watch lovers, I am new to reddit. Iím very excited to post my humble watch collection. This obsession started after my father gave me his vintage Seiko 5. Now that after I have started to earn by myself, my collection is increasing since.
1. Vintage Seiko 5 Lumibrite. My father never really liked to wear watches which he got to realise after getting a nice Seiko and deciding not to wear it, he almost kept it in a drawer for years. I got this watch when I was 15. All my friends used to make fun of me because they though it is a grandfatherís antique. So, I decided to keep it in a drawer as well. Now I realise how beautiful this piece is. I absolutely adore it.
2. Tissot Seastar Quartz: Got this watch from an auction on eBay. Had a terrible bracelet on so got this watch for cheap. Replaced it with a handmade leather strap and it transformed into a beautiful dress watch.
3. HMT Janata: This is a very special watch and has quite a history behind it. HMT was an Indian company which was very famous till late 80ís in India. I had seen a lot of HMTs worn by old guys in India. I always wanted to buy one but was not sure which. After getting a news that after suffering from heavy losses, the Govt. of India has decided to shut down HMT for good I decided to buy this piece. This model was famously worn by Mrs Indira Gandhi which was once the PM of India. Got this piece from one of the last runs of the factory with original box and papers.
4. Bulova Military Chronograph: Got this watch after falling in love with Band of Brothers, as this is a very WW2 styled chronograph. Lovely aesthetics with a balanced blend of military and aviation theme. Has a 262 hz movement with a sweeping chrono hand. Lovely piece. Highly Accurate.
5. Invicta 8926OB: No matter how much hates Invicta gets from the watch nerds, this watch has a very special place in my collection. This has started my love for dive watches. Though also helped me to enter into the world of watch modification. Modded this piece with SKX hands (with pointy ends removed), cyclops removed. This is my most accurate mechanical as well at +2.5-3 secs a day. Love it wearing with NATOís as well.
6. Naviforce Type B Flieger: One of my first watches when I started to increase my collection. I purchased it to try how big pilot watch styles fit my wrist. Got a Parnis pilot but ended up selling it due to slipping crown issue. But kept this watch as it has a very accurate and reliable miyota movement.
7. Seiko SKX 009: Does this even need a write up? Very Iconic diver sold at a bargain. Love the 60ís colour theme of this watch. Not a fan of the movement though.
8. Bullova Accutron II Alpha: Anyone with an interest in Architecture, Space, Electronics, Skylab, Apollo etc stuff wants to owns a tuning fork Spaceview. Another reason is my Architecture Background and the Sir Richard Rogerís Story. Got this reissue but wasnít very happy especially due to the case design. Might sell it in the future to get a real Accutron, which is Hard to find in a good working order.
9. Casio BTTF watch: Great Scott! You have to buy this if you love BTTF. It is more than a watch to me, it is a Vintage Science Artifact. I absolutely love the 90ís IBM, HP aesthetics this watch has. It will never leave my collection. 1.21 Jiggawatts.
10. Citizen Eco Drive Diver: After falling in love with the diver style, wanted a daily beater. I wasnít very happy with the SKXís accuracy. Stumbled upon a not much talked diver from Citizen. Could not find much info on it. Still pulled the trigger and couldnít be happier. By far the most well-built watch in my collection. Anti-reflective crystal, +1 sec a month accuracy, superb bezel action, ISO cert. 200m , ISO cert. 4,800 A/m Anti mag, seconds hand hitting the indices dead on. This watch is not getting attention it deserves in watch community. Gem of a watch.
11. Casio Edifice 335: Got this watch as a gift. Strangely this watch got me the greatest no. of compliments till date. Love the white dial.
12. Seiko 5 SPEED DIAL SNK371K1 : Got this as a gift to myself after savings on very tight budget on completion of my graduation. Changed the bracelet to a leather strap. Love the Vintage racing style hands and dial. Gets a lot of Compliments.