[Vostok and Perpetual] I never have two pieces on the way. So, of course I am gonna post about it!

Thread: [Vostok and Perpetual] I never have two pieces on the way. So, of course I am gonna post about it!

[Vostok and Perpetual] I never have two pieces on the way. So, of course I am gonna post about it!

The happy occasion that is there being one watch on its way to me is rare enough. But two? Sweet Jesus.
    I have always liked this one model Vostok in particular, and I was not gonna just buy another model to shut myself up. That Russian Ebay dude finally had some, and I pounced. It is this one[1] . I think it's pretty nifty, and I am frankly very keen to see what all the fuss is about (for a watch this inexpensive, it goes without saying that servicing will always be out of the question; however, the site claims that the average "term of service" is a decade). I even have a kick-ass bracelet to put on it.

Now we come to discussing the piece by Perpetual of China that I pretty much bought by being a loud-mouthed jackass. I became aware of Perpetual's existence via the nicely-done website "WatchItAllAbout." So, I go to the companies website, and everything is sold out. Always. ....ing always. Every time I check. The quality of their pieces are almost legendary (I mean, for the money) and I come to learn that the four-man company produces maybe 100 watches a month. Bollocks!
    Anyway, the other night I was perusing r/watches on reddit when I came across a post submitted by a gentleman (I don't know what the etiquette is about mentioning other folks usernames, but if you are that very curious, my history is there for you to look at) that had a very gently used Perpetual R-01[2] Regulator that he was willing to part with, and came here asking how much he should ask for it.

This was my opportunity to ..... about a company that never had anything in stock, and oh my word, me and Jack Daniels had a lot of words to say about Perpetual and their waiting lists.
    I eventually ended my tirade with "I'll give you a hundred bucks for it." No way did I think that that was gonna be a realistic offer. Even though they only sell for $170 brand-new, its scarcity (I thought) would dictate an opening bid of at least $225.
    Imagine my surprise when the guy said, "okay. 100 dollars sounds good." My big mouth and my smart-assery paid off (for once).
    I am especially excited about the Perpetual, as I have always wanted a regulator. And for the modest amount that it costs, it boasts a flawless stainless steel case, a well-respected Sea-Gull movement, a domed sapphire crystal (and a display back), and a very good quality leather band with a deployment clasp.
    I am happy.
    Last edited by Keithcozz; January 24th, 2015 at 06:19.

[Vostok and Perpetual] I never have two pieces on the way. So, of course I am...

Congrats. I own a couple Vostoks and a PerpetuaL. The Vostoks are a bit quirky but I love them. They are basically vintage watches made new.

The PerpetuaL is an amazing piece for the price. I have the Pointer (Moonphase that is no longer made). My only compliant is the deployant dug into my wrist a little so I replaced the strap.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Olma, Vostok, Casio, Smiths, Elektronika, Airavata, Elgin

My Mods: https://forums.watchuseek.com/f71/fin...d-1058328.html

Re: [Vostok and Perpetual] I never have two pieces on the way. So, of course I am...

Congrats on your purchases. My Vostok Amphibia just arrived lately after more than a month of patience. What else can I say except its a great and fun watch, been using it since it arrived, just don't mind the itsy bitsy details. You're right 93EXCivic, they are basically vintage pieces made new maybe that's why it has its distinct character. Also looking forward to have a Chinese watch in my collection...

Thread Information