“Merry Christmas”, said the mugger as he took my watch and computer today…
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: “Merry Christmas”, said the mugger as he took my watch and computer today…

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

“Merry Christmas”, said the mugger as he took my watch and computer today…

Title pretty much says it all. I was walking to my car from a coffee shop when I gave a dollar to a panhandler and he commented on how nice my two day old Lum-tec was. I thanked him and he replied that we wanted it. Showed me a knife to prove how serious he was. He took my laptop, cell phone, and wallet as well. Thankfully, he didn’t ask for my car keys. He was even gracious enough to wish me a Merry Christmas as he ran off. For some reason, that pissed me off the most.

I’ve been a member here for a few months (as hughjd), but now I have to start over as my computer had all my account passwords saved and I don’t remember
    them. I didn’t write anything down, yeah, not smart. Live and learn, right.

Born in South Korea - Canadian citizen - Living in Philly Suburb

Re: “Merry Christmas”, said the mugger as he took my watch and computer today…

That sucks!

Sigh... Hopefully you can get your stuff back. Does your cell phone have one of those locator thingy?
    Chronic flipper...

Wow. That really stinks.

I think I would have smashed him in the face with the laptop, before I handed it over.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Oh, that REALLY sucks! Hopefully you can do a remote wipe on your computer/phone? "Merry Christmas..." what an *ss...yeah, right, I guess his Christmas will be merry, thanks to all "his" new stuff.

It is a great news to know that you are safe and sound!
    Things could be a lot worse. Cheer up :)

Ocean Springs, MS (AKA Redneck Territory)

I agree, I'd have beaten the the piss out of him with the notebook and made cry like a little girl but then again, in my neck of the woods we respond to slugs like this with deadly force. The only time someone tried to mug me ended up with the muzzle of a Glock 21C with really light trigger pull resting about an inch from the crackheads forehead. I didn't pull the trigger, but he got the message...

Peace through superior firepower, baby!
    oRAirwolf likes this.
    "Time is an illusion; Lunchtime, doubly so." - Ford Prefect, 'The Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy'

Alpha GMT Master -- Alpha Planet Ocean 781/1000 -- Alpha Seamaster LE (x2 In-Transit)
    Alpha Seamaster Multifunction -- Bagelsport MILGAUSS (In Transit) -- Casio AMW-320R Diver (In Transit)
    Casio G-Shock G-2300 Tough Solar -- Citizen Navihawk Blue Angels Chronographn
    Invicta Pro Diver 8926ob -- Seiko 6119-6000 '5' Series -- Seiko 7002-7009 Diver
    Seiko SKX009 Diver -- Timex Ironman Triathlon Shock -- Timex Ironman Triathlon 20th Anniversary
    Timex Ironman Triathlon -- Vostok Amphibia -- Vostok Amphibia Neptune -- Vostok Kommandierskie (x6)

Yeah, I've got my health and a white elephant Christmas party to look forward to later today.

I remote wiped everything as soon I got home. Filed a police report, canceled my credit cards and changed all my online financial accounts passwords.

Aside from the watch and laptop, I only really lost the account info from the online forums I'm a part of as I don't bother to remember them. Definitely not worth my personal safety.

Quote Originally Posted by RedneckVostokGuy View Post
    I agree, I'd have beaten the the piss out of him with the notebook and made cry like a little girl but then again, in my neck of the woods we respond to slugs like this with deadly force. The only time someone tried to mug me ended up with the muzzle of a Glock 21C with really light trigger pull resting about an inch from the crackheads forehead. I didn't pull the trigger, but he got the message...

Peace through superior firepower, baby!
    I'd love to think that I'm the type of guy who could use deadly force like that. But, knowing me, if I had to kill someone over "stuff", albeit my rightful stuff, I'd have trouble sleeping at night. Plus, in county doesn't issue concealed carry permits to anybody. Now if someone broke into my house, I'd have no trouble pulling the trigger. Take my stuff on the street, insurance can replace it. Break into my house = threaten the safety of my family face my S&W.

That sux man, all in all it's not worth it and you will never know what you would do until you are in that situation. If you didn't want to fight him, which is understandable, do you think you could have out ran him? I used to live in the bay area, way too liberal there the public would have probably crucified you for knocking him out, they love bums there. Like " the poor guy is just a product of circumstances and is now forced to rob people to eat because the government and corporations are so greedy". Love the area but the people are nutz.
    Calm down.....It's just a watch....

I'm sure another bum already smashed him over the head and took the laptop and watch from him. The circle of life..
    BratJH likes this.
    Tissot PRC200
    Invicta 8928OB Pro Diver
    Omega Seamaster Aqua Terra 2503.33.00
    Parnis Power Reserve Automatic
    Tissot Lelocle
    Jacques Lemans Sydney 1-1541G

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information