£1000

Thread: £1000

£1000

Hi everyone

its my b'day shortly - time for another watch. help me decide. Its such a subjective thing, but if you had to buy a watch this week with £1000/$2000 what you buy & why? I've already got a hardcore Breitling Seawolf & a dressier Breitling Navitimer.

thanks

si

stuffler,mike

Re: £1000

Please tell us: More classic, more toolish, inhouse movement ? What do you prefer ?

Otherwise Damasko CD 66 (1075 BPD), Nomos Tangomat, Sinn 103, Temption Chrono (Day/Date), Jörg Schauer Day/Date, Mido All Dial Chrono to start with.

Thanks Mike - good suggestions - never heard of a couple of them - exactly what I want to haer.

I have huge wrists - approaching 9" so slim small watches arent really what I am looking for. Perhaps somethign a bit different - wondering about an Airman type watch or military watch? I like ALL Stowas just can't decide so havent got one yet

I have sports watches so doesnt need to be waterproof particularly
    I think VALUE is a big issue to me
    I think QUALITY is a big issue to me
    Well known named branding not important - country/contient of origin not important

I guess I'm interested in what individuals think is best watch for for £1000 out there

s

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Doxa

Quote Originally Posted by jdub View Post
    Doxa
    any particular model, John?

s

This really depends entirely on your personal tastes!

Nevertheless, if you are buying yourself a present, then why spend for the sake of it?

Unusual and inexpensive would be an Orient Star, or a Royal Orient. More expensive, but good value and unusual would be Grand Seiko. How many people do you know who would have one? But they are perhaps too small.

I like the Longines rectangular automatic (under a grand) but you might hate it. Some of the non-co-axial Omegas can be had for about a grand.

Some Limes look really nice, but seem to get little mention. Check out the web site.

I have seen Nomos in a London shop (Wempe) and they look really nice, especially the Orion IMO. But I bit small for you perhaps.

The Stowa Marine Original is gorgeous and too big for me. But it might suit you.

Quote Originally Posted by Simon View Post
    any particular model, John?

s
    Not quite sure myself, I have been looking at them a lot recently and I really like the 750T Pro and Sharkhunter, I have also been watching Sea Hunters a lot on Sky and they all wear them.
    I like the fact that i doubt I will ever see many if another at all in the UK and they look awesome and I think they are a great price.

Once I have payed off my current watch I really think I will get one as I would like to stick with the dive watch theme as i never wear a suit!

Just had a look at the site again, the SUB 750T Pro works out at £711!

I really want one now at that price its a bargin.

seiko marine master 300m :)

The Doxas are particularly good value at the moment, especially with the £:$ exchange rate. I'm tempted to get one myself. Let me know how you get on.

Thread Information