10k to spend
Like Tree94Likes

Thread: 10k to spend

Page 1 of 11 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 104
  1. #1
    Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Posts
    21

    10k to spend

    Hi guys

    If you had 10k to spend and could only have one watch, which would you choose. Serious question as I am in the market for a new watch and just so happen to have a 10k budget, would appreciate the forums input. I currently have 2 watches in my collection, PP Calatrava (purchased in 98 unworn), JL MC SS my daily watch. Also, Is Ebay a smart place to shop for a higher end watch?

    Thanks, Marcus.
    jaytaras and IlakhaniUF like this.

  2. #2
    Member MisterHo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Mi Costa es su Costa
    Posts
    1,226

    Re: 10k to spend

    Quote Originally Posted by MarcusFrost View Post
    Hi guys

    If you had 10k to spend and could only have one watch, which would you choose. Serious question as I am in the market for a new watch and just so happen to have a 10k budget, would appreciate the forums input. I currently have 2 watches in my collection, PP Calatrava (purchased in 98 unworn), JL MC SS my daily watch. Also, Is Ebay a smart place to shop for a higher end watch?

    Thanks, Marcus.
    There are some AD/ Gray Market dealers on Ebay with 100% reputation. I should visit an AD first
    and read this thread:https://forums.watchuseek.com/f2/thin...s-1133410.html

    Never ever post an "asking for tips on what to buy" thread and just put a Money Ceiling without more specs. Otherwise people think you are just trolling.

    So now back to your question: get a Rolex and you will do fine for 10k.A secondhand Rolex Cellini maybe if you like your PP.


    Last edited by MisterHo; October 22nd, 2014 at 13:44.
    Inca Bloc, valmak and fjblair like this.
    #14 and D10S Forever. Grącies and R.I.P Johan.




  3. #3
    Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Posts
    1,375

    Re: 10k to spend

    For me, personally? I would get a Breguet Marine 5817 in steel.
    MarcusFrost and Alex_TA like this.
    Current Collection:
    Rotary, Adina, Emporio Armani, Loyal, Swatch, Ingersoll, Cyma and others...

    The Wanted List:
    Citizen NB0030-01A

    Realistically Achievable Grails:
    Breguet 5817 Marine Big Date
    Grand Seiko STGR003

    Holy Grails:
    Breguet 5617 Perpetual Calendar Chronograph

  4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements
     

  5. #4
    Member MisterHo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Mi Costa es su Costa
    Posts
    1,226

    Re: 10k to spend

    Quote Originally Posted by TimeWizard View Post
    For me, personally? I would get a Breguet Marine 5817 in steel.
    Is that one under 10K?
    #14 and D10S Forever. Grącies and R.I.P Johan.




  6. #5
    Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    KL, Malaysia
    Posts
    6,127

    Re: 10k to spend



  7. #6
    Member geoffbot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Brighton, UK
    Posts
    17,054

    Re: 10k to spend

    Quote Originally Posted by MisterHo View Post
    There are some AD/ Gray Market dealers on Ebay with 100% reputation. I should visit an AD first
    and read this thread:https://forums.watchuseek.com/f2/thin...s-1133410.html

    Never ever post an "asking for tips on what to buy" thread and just put a Money Ceiling without more specs. Otherwise people think you are just trolling.

    So now back to your question: get a Rolex and you will do fine for 10k.A secondhand Rolex Cellini maybe if you like your PP.


    To be fair he did ask what we would buy with 10k. I'd buy a Rolex sub, date or no date, unsure.
    Rob Roberts likes this.

  8. #7
    Member inhaus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Posts
    1,362

    Re: 10k to spend

    Quote Originally Posted by MarcusFrost View Post
    Hi guys

    If you had 10k to spend and could only have one watch, which would you choose. Serious question as I am in the market for a new watch and just so happen to have a 10k budget, would appreciate the forums input. I currently have 2 watches in my collection, PP Calatrava (purchased in 98 unworn), JL MC SS my daily watch. Also, Is Ebay a smart place to shop for a higher end watch?

    Thanks, Marcus.

    Pics of your daily wears?

  9. #8
    Member MisterHo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Mi Costa es su Costa
    Posts
    1,226

    Re: 10k to spend

    Quote Originally Posted by geoffbot View Post
    To be fair he did ask what we would buy with 10k. I'd buy a Rolex sub, date or no date, unsure.
    Yeah I know, that`s why you are the mod here, SIR! Had a bad night yesterday: Barca only won 3-1 could have been 6 or 7 nil. And a bit nervous for the first Classico.
    Last edited by MisterHo; October 22nd, 2014 at 14:48.
    #14 and D10S Forever. Grącies and R.I.P Johan.




  10. #9
    Member geoffbot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Brighton, UK
    Posts
    17,054

    Re: 10k to spend

    Quote Originally Posted by MisterHo View Post
    Yeah I know, that`s why you are the mod here, SIR! Had a bad night yesterday: Barca only won 3-1 could have been 6 or 7 nil. And a bit nervous for the first Classico.
    You damn hot headed Spaniards

  11. #10
    Member MrDagon007's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Hong Kong
    Posts
    5,310

    Re: 10k to spend

    You could add a nice flieger watch, they are universal and elegant. You don't even need to spend iwc levels to get a nice one like this 40mm stowa:



    And, with the remaining $9000, enjoy a great holiday!
    Orsoni and Bladesfield like this.

Page 1 of 11 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 ... LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

    Similar Threads

    1. If You had 10K to spend.....
      By MyBreitling in forum Luxury & Lifestyle
      Replies: 219
      Last Post: 2 Days Ago, 00:09
    2. Replies: 81
      Last Post: June 20th, 2016, 18:22
    3. If you had $10K to spend on two watches
      By kvelertak in forum Public Forum
      Replies: 61
      Last Post: July 16th, 2014, 06:00
    4. Would you spend $10K + on a pre-owned watch?
      By Dancing Fire in forum Public Forum
      Replies: 30
      Last Post: April 17th, 2013, 05:50
    5. Got $10k To Spend On a G-Shock?
      By ach5 in forum Casio G-Shock
      Replies: 9
      Last Post: July 4th, 2010, 14:21

    Tags for this Thread

    Posting Permissions

    • You may not post new threads
    • You may not post replies
    • You may not post attachments
    • You may not edit your posts
    •