1500 Character Limit on Signatures....

Thread: 1500 Character Limit on Signatures....

1500 Character Limit on Signatures....

Is there anyway we can up the limit? Mods? Please?

I really want to be able to list my watches.. in a unique font... with some bold... and with my name in there. With a 1500 limit I cant.

Im simply out of room and was wondering if we could make a change.
    - Nick

Cars or Watches... that is the question!

Re: 1500 Character Limit on Signatures....

1500 is enough, I think. Already some of the sigs are huge, I seem to do nothing but scroll when these members have multiple posts in a thread.
    Steve

Quote Originally Posted by G M Fude View Post
    1500 is enough, I think. Already some of the sigs are huge, I seem to do nothing but scroll when these members have multiple posts in a thread.
    The problem is that the 1500 character limit takes into account the BBcode used for things such as font changes, bold print, italic print, color changing, etc. I dont want to fill my sig with 1500 actual characters.... I want to use about half that with the ability to use BBcode without affecting the overall actual count.

For instance.. when making my sig say I want to color a few things.

I want this sentence to be red. (25 characters)

becomes.....

[color=red*] I want this sentence to be red. [/color] (44 characters)

to make......

I want this sentence to be red.

...... with the use of BBcode. 25 displayed characters becomes 44.

For those that are bothered by larger sigs... you do know you can actually manually turn off the signature feature for your personal use?.?.? Everyone else will still see your sig... just you wont have to hassel with viewing other sigs. This is especially nice for those w/o fast connections.
    - Nick

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

stuffler,mike

Well, I´d say we should live with the "width" we have. When the signature character limit was "introduced" nobody thought to create space to list (y)our watches. It was made to provide a space where everybody could create a (very) personal signature and for most of the frequent posters 1500 characters have been enough.
    Anyway, if we would enlarge the characters (up to unlimited) some lists of watches will be longer than the content of the posts That isn´t and wasn´t our intention. There must be a limit and we have chosen for 1500.

My personal point of view: Let´s talk watches, don´t list them.

Quote Originally Posted by stuffler,mike View Post

My personal point of view: Let´s talk watches, don´t list them.
    Coming from various automobile message boards it is extremely common to list your vehicle, what modifications, horsepower rating, etc.... not only does it show others where you are in the game it also promotes more.... well.. talk.

I suppose Ill live with 1500 characters.
    - Nick

Frankly, what is the interest?

...however, if you are really motivated, make a jpeg, or a gif, post it somewhere, and create a link in your sig.

But, I insist, what is the interest?

Frankly, I've seen quite enough of Jessica Alba's bikini... I thoroughly despise long signatures, and I have absolutely no interest in checking out your list of watches every time I open the forum... (Why in Heaven do people think that this is of any interest to anyone?)

But I like to see some of the more interesting sigs, and do not want to be forced to remove all signatures by using the forum option to hide them.

So please, KISS... (keep it short & simple...)

(Also: please keep in mind that "unique fonts" probably will not show properly on other people's computer screens, if said "unique fonts" are not on their machine)...
    Last edited by Francois Boucher; March 5th, 2007 at 06:54.
    François – Quebec City, QC

Re: Frankly, what is the interest?

Quote Originally Posted by Francois Boucher View Post
    ...however, if you are really motivated, make a jpeg, or a gif, post it somewhere, and create a link in your sig.

But, I insist, what is the interest?

Frankly, I've seen quite enough of Jessica Alba's bikini... I thoroughly despise long signatures, and I have absolutely no interest in checking out your list of watches every time I open the forum... (Why in Heaven do people think that this is of any interest to anyone?)

But I like to see some of the more interesting sigs, and do not want to be forced to remove all signatures by using the forum option to hide them.

So please, KISS... (keep it short & simple...)

(Also: keep in mind that "unique fonts" probably will not show propely on other people's computer screens, if said "unique fonts" are not in their OS)...
    First of all.. how can you get enough of Jessica Alba in a bikini?

Second.. if I had to guess Im sure a lot of people here would be more interested in reading a signature of watches owned by the poster then a link to someones personals page. (BTW, nice house, love the view) After all.. this is a watch forum.
    - Nick

Quote Originally Posted by Avengeance View Post
    First of all.. how can you get enough of Jessica Alba in a bikini?
    Well, it really is not Jessica... just the pic... Maybe we could have a newer/smaller one? Steve?

Second.. if I had to guess Im sure a lot of people here would be more interested in reading a signature of watches owned by the poster then a link to someones personals page. (BTW, nice house, love the view) After all.. this is a watch forum.
    Of course. You are right. I removed the link to my web page, because it is irrelevant...

Now, if you make a jpeg of your sig, I'll put it on my server and you can link to it in your sig.
    Last edited by Francois Boucher; March 5th, 2007 at 06:50.

Quote Originally Posted by Francois Boucher View Post
    Of course. You are right. I removed the link to my web page, because it is irrelevant...

Now, if you make a jpeg of your sig, I'll put it on my server and you can link to it in your sig.
    Thanks friend... I will see what I can come up with.
    - Nick

Quote Originally Posted by Avengeance View Post
    Second.. if I had to guess Im sure a lot of people here would be more interested in reading a signature of watches owned by the poster then a link to someones personals page... After all.. this is a watch forum.
    ...we're lucky this is not a stamp collectors' forum!

Thread Information