I'm a recent watch enthusiast, my older brother has been in the hobby for a few years and finally got me interested in watches.
I've recently done the following:
- Sold all of my "cheap" beater quartz watches.
- Bought a really neat Military Orient automatic.
- Restored my very first mechanical watch, and old 1979 Seiko 6139-6020 that my father found on the beach in the surf back in 1980. He gave it to me back in 1984, where it ran for two years before it stopped keeping time. It then sat needing a repair for 20 years before I had it redone in July. He was amazed by the difference, it has it's battle scars, but it runs like a top!
- Kept two really nice quartz watches, which I enjoy.
- Aspiring to 2 other mechanicals, but taking my time as budget is limited.
I'm loving reading everyone's knowledge, looking at pics, etc. I've lurked here for a while, now it's time to jump into the pool.
Thanks for reading - Craig