1st post - thinking about B&M Classima 8592
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Bearsfan

Thread: 1st post - thinking about B&M Classima 8592

1st post - thinking about B&M Classima 8592

Hi there, just joined after lurking for some time. Really enjoy the candor of the discussions.

Thinking about a B&M Classima 8592 - simple, elegant, and substantial dress watch that would work well in an office setting.

I'm looking for a entry level dress watch that I can wear often during the week, and keep for a very long time. I wear a Gshock pretty much all the time right now.

I checked this watch out today at local AD and loved it - may suggest as an xmas gift from the wife. Interested in your thoughts. Also, what if any lume is used on this?

Thanks again!

Re: 1st post - thinking about B&M Classima 8592

Great watch for that price point. As for lume, I don't think there is any. Unless you are continuously finding yourself in near pitch black situations and you need to know the time at that exact moment and you don't have any other devices that show the time (cell phone), lume might be handy. Otherwise, lume is useless.

Have you check B&M CLASSIMA 8731? Because the price is a bit higher but you get blue steel and Silver Guilloche Dial
    Follow my own time

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Nice watches. But shop till you drop for these, they won't hold their value so you might as well get the price down as far as possible on purchase. Find a gray dealer and ask the AD how close he can come...he should have a lot of wiggle room.

Great classic styling in a dress watch. It is not what I would call an entry level watch, but maybe more mid-level but one that you should enjoy for a long time. Although cheaper pricing can be found on the internet many of those watches are grey market and unwarranted. And customer returns make their way to the grey market too. Your AD should be able to give you something of a price break if you push a bit. Since it is an xmas present I wouldn't worry too much about the price. Resale value declines on any watch after it is purchased so don't worry about that unless you plan on reselling a present!

Thanks all - appreciate the advice. I have a good fix on the grey range and I'm thinking the AD will work with me on price, since I wouldn't think these are flying off the shelves.

Really though, I just love the clean, elegant design (the 8731 looks great as well) and the way it looked on my wrist. I'll let you know what happens.
    HermesBlessMe likes this.

Thread Information