2007...The Year of the Watch

Thread: 2007...The Year of the Watch

2007...The Year of the Watch

I focused on my collection a lot this year, servicing several vintage Hamiltons and acquiring several new pieces...more than I think I have done before in one year

First up are an Anonimo Chronsopio and a Citizen Eco Perpetual Alarm for my birthday. I was lucky enough to receive both early, and have been enjoying them for the second half of this year. The Citizen is my official travel watch, as it is solar powered, changes timezones at the flip of the crown, and has an alarm.

The Anonimo spoke to me when I was finished saving for my PAM. I just fell in love with the lines, the refined finishing, and the story. It is modified in house to suppress the second hand and thus have 2 subdials, a look I really like. Modified Valjou 7750, chrometere grade, although not sent for certification. Etachron, Nivarox, Glucydor, etc. Keeps time at -.05 a day, or -15 a month. I gotta take some new pics.

Then came the Balls. You can read my musings in the Ball forum, but I love these two watches, and they are higly accurate, and as legible as it gets at night. The Nightrain has the most T100 of any watch on the market, and the Moonphase features a Tritium Powered Moon and stars.

Not to leave out the Mrs...she picked up two pieces from Hermes as well as a Ball as well.

And then, The Ball:

We do most of our watch shopping at About Time, and some at Toppers. I highly recommend both establishments.
    kind regards,

scott

vintage and obscure watch lover

stuffler,mike

Re: 2007...The Year of the Watch

Any plans for 2008 already ?

Quote Originally Posted by stuffler,mike View Post

Any plans for 2008 already ?

My plans for 08 are to enjoy my collection and have good health and good business sucesses, and the same to everyone we know.

I don't expect any watches next year, unless I stumble on to something vintage on my wish list.

I am 42 and my objective is a Perpetual Calendar for my 50th. I like the Glashutte, especially now the the caliber 100, but when I looked at that, I also saw their annual calendar and (the name escapes me) the model that shows the weeks as well. But I have always wanted a mechanical perpetual so I always look at the offerings each year and drool.

Thanx for asking Mike...
    kind regards,

scott

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

VERY, Very, very nice collection. You've put your success to good use. Thanks for sharing.
    Tom B.

"There will come a time when you believe everything is finished. That will be the beginning." - Louis L'Amour

Quote Originally Posted by tbalaban View Post
    VERY, Very, very nice collection. You've put your success to good use. Thanks for sharing.

Well, depends how you define success. If it is money, then I'm not successful. But I beat two life threatening illnesses in the past three years and am in full recovery so to that I consider it a success.

Sold a few things we didn't need around the house, and even a timepiece, and the rest is history. I guess a WIS version of Reduce>Reuse>Recycle.

Started a new business so hopefully, that too will work out for me. At least I will have the right watch(s)
    kind regards,

scott

Good for you. Then the most important thing is wear those watches in the best of health!
    Tom B.

"There will come a time when you believe everything is finished. That will be the beginning." - Louis L'Amour

Quote Originally Posted by scottw44 View Post
    ..depends how you define success. If it is money, then I'm not successful.
    You've learned (the hard way, it sounds like) that money and success are not necessarily even in the same equation; we can but pity the people who have not yet discovered this. Money is just for 'comforts'.

Like that Citizen. Wow, Scott, what a beautiful watch. As a Christmas present for me, can you please post a couple more photos? Or links to where you've already done so?
    Steve

Quote Originally Posted by G M Fude View Post
    You've learned (the hard way, it sounds like) that money and success are not necessarily even in the same equation; we can but pity the people who have not yet discovered this. Money is just for 'comforts'.

Like that Citizen. Wow, Scott, what a beautiful watch. As a Christmas present for me, can you please post a couple more photos? Or links to where you've already done so?

That's about it for the photos...if you go to the Ball Forum, there are quite a few shots of my two Ball Watches.

I also really dig the Citizen. It is a cool watch and I find myself playing with it often. When you set the alrm, you sort of spin the crown and the hands take off. When you switch from local time, to alarm, ditto.

It powers down when out of the light and the second hand stops. As soon as it sees lite it spings back to life. I believe if it sees no lite of any kind it will shut down completely, and then spring back when it sees the lite source again.
    kind regards,

scott

Glad to hear you are doing well, Scott, and best of luck with the new business.

I have the same Citizen 8700 and it is a very cool watch. Personally I would like the dial to be a tad larger, but it is a dress watch. I also love the eco-drive technology, and look forward to seeing Citizen take some design steps to match, i.s. Sapphire Crystals on a wider range. I would certainly pay some extra $$ for that.

This is an elegant watch, which I put on a Croc Strap with a deployment clasp. I have an older Citizen Largo perpetual cal. eco-drive that I bought new and it still runs great.

I might break out the camera tomorrow, so I may post some pics.

I also wanted to mention I have a PDF article (i think from IW magazine), that goes into good detail about the 8700 and Citizen watch direction in the future. PM me if you are interested, and I can e-mail it to you or something. I could also try and dig up the link instead. Just let me know.

I like the Ball your wife got, will keep that on my Radar Screen for future reference. Mine is getting a Bathys Aquaculture on Stingray Strap for Xmas.

Thanks for sharing.
    Steven
    Florida, USA

Sinn 103 St Sa LE
    Sinn 757 UTC
    Sinn U1
    Sinn 6100 Regulatuer
    IWC Aquatimer
    NOMOS Tangomat Datum
    Stowa Marine Original, 80th anniversary LE
    Stowa Seatime
    Doxa SUB750T Military Sharkhunter PVD
    Zinex Trimix GMT PVD LE Black Pirate
    Ocean 7 LM-2 GMT SE PVD
    Bathys Aquaculture MOP PVD
    Tissot TXL
    Seiko Kinetic Sportura SNL029P1 PVD
    Seiko Chronograph Sports 150
    Citizens Eco-Drive Calibre 8700 BL8000-03A
    Citizens Eco-Drive Largo Perpetual Calendar
    TX 730 w/ FlyBack Chrono
    Poljot Sturmanske Chrono
    Aristo Apucto HP6
    Casio ToughSolar ProTrek Titanium
    Various G's

thanx everyone for their kind replies. thanx steven for your post about the 8700...pm sent.
    kind regards,

scott

Thread Information