2010 Wyler watches will they hold their value what are your predictions?
Like Tree6Likes

Thread: 2010 Wyler watches will they hold their value what are your predictions?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

2010 Wyler watches will they hold their value what are your predictions?

As you may be aware Wyler watches shut up shop in 2010 and sold off all their tooling machinery and inventory relatively cheap. From what I can gather part of the reason why they failed was their pricing strategy.

I just wondered what your predictions will be regarding how these watches would hold their value into the future. For example some of the Wylers originally had a RRP of 15k, they are typically getting sold for 2.5k how do you think they will hold their value 10yrs from now? And how do you imagine a potential rebirth of the company would affect second-hand values?

Re: 2010 Wyler watches will they hold their value what are your predictions?

Quote Originally Posted by lukeglazebrook View Post
    As you may be aware Wyler watches shut up shop in 2010 and sold off all their tooling machinery and inventory relatively cheap. From what I can gather part of the reason why they failed was their pricing strategy.

I just wondered what your predictions will be regarding how these watches would hold their value into the future. For example some of the Wylers originally had a RRP of 15k, they are typically getting sold for 2.5k how do you think they will hold their value 10yrs from now? And how do you imagine a potential rebirth of the company would affect second-hand values?
    I forgot to add I am considering buying one if you had not guessed

Any predictive comment would be (near-worthless) speculation, IME. There are far too many unknowns impacting what people may "value" at any one point in time, vs another.

Relatively few watches truly "hold their value". If you like it, buy it.

Also, a tulip called. It wants the early 1600s back.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Unless it is made from solid gold/platinum, etc - don't buy a watch as an investment. If is is solid precious metal, is will always be worth the going rate for the metal.

If you are talking yourself into a Wyler because it looks like a good deal, bad idea. If you like the watch (they have some cool stuff), then buy one for that reason. They use valjoux chronograph movements, so you don't need Wyler to exist for them to be serviced.
    Influence is like the wind...

Thanks for your input guys, let me put it another way if you don’t mind. Do you foresee Wyler watches devaluing like a falling rock the more obscure the brand becomes as times passes. And should they re-emerge what would be your best guess as to how that would affect their value?

Make a stab in the dark prediction I won’t hold any of you to it :)

Banned

This is a pointless exercise. Assume the model you are considering will be un-re-sellable from the moment of purchase.

Quote Originally Posted by Scottish Steve View Post
    This is a pointless exercise.

Not to be rude, but read, re-read, and re-read this again.
    Hammondo likes this.

Please use the search function and look for many threads on Are Watches Good Investments, Will My Watch Depreciate, Can I Make Money on My Watch, Will My Watch Appreciate, Which Watches Will Hold Their Value, etc., etc.

As a general rule it is difficult to make money on watches bought at retail. If what you say about the reason for their failure is true then their watches must have been way over priced to begin with. And the watches you see for sale are consequently priced at their true retail value. A quick google search reveals some quirky designs that in my opinion may not have been interesting to a broad group of buyers and probably contributed to their closing. So if you have found a Wyler that you like then go for it as a luxury item. Not a n investment.
    Last edited by John MS; October 12th, 2012 at 19:12.

I bought one from the close out for around $2k. Not the best watch for the money. Although it looks nice and works fine but there were some quality control issues. The movement was not decoration, am I expecting too much that a $10k msrp watch should have decorated movement.

Rolling eyes Re: 2010 Wyler watches will they hold their value what are your predictions?

The future depreciation will depend on what TIER the brand deserves to be in.

I think we should all as a group rank all the watch brands... what do you guys think?!?
    CitizenM, Formerguide and bluloo like this.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information