2010 Zenith catalog.

Thread: 2010 Zenith catalog.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    v76

2010 Zenith catalog.

The Zenith watch catalog for 2010 is available on the Zenith website. Here's the link ...

http://www.zenith-watches.com/wdata/...D_100723_2.pdf

I posted it here since I expect many at the Zenith sub-forum already know this (and have downloaded it as well). If this is the inappropriate sub-forum to post this, mods are welcome to move/delete the same. As to the question of availability of these models, your guess is as good as mine ...
    Last edited by v76; September 14th, 2010 at 18:07.
    Collection:
    A few of this and some of the other ...

"I worked my way up from nothing to a state of extreme poverty" - Groucho Marx

Re: 2010 Zenith catalog.

Thanks for sharing~Cheers!

Thank you!
    Casio EQW-M1000DB-1AER Solar Atomic Radio Sync 1/20th second Stopwatch
    Citizen 8110A Automatic 2-register flyback chronograph 28,800bph
    Casio PAW 1500T Titanium ABC Tide MoonGraph Radio Sync
    Citizen Calibre 2100 Titanium Chronograph AV0021-52H
    Invicta Corduba 7135 Skeletonized Miyota 8N24 21J Movt
    Invicta Sapphire Ghost Skeletonized ETA 2824-2 Model 2701
    Citizen Promaster Titanium AS4050-51E Radio Control Eco-Drive (Ultimate Nighthawk) **GRAIL STATUS**
    Invicta SubAqua Noma III 4550 ETA 7751 **GRAIL STATUS**
    Citizen Skyhawk AT Black Stainless Steel **GRAIL STATUS**
    Citizen Skyhawk Stainless Steel
    Casio G-Shock GW-1300A Solar Atomic
    Casio Protrek PRG-70YT Black Titanium Triple Sensor
    Casio SeaPathfinder SPF-70T Titanium Triple Sensor
    Casio Protrek PRG-80T Titanium Triple Sensor
    Poljot 31681 Movt Volmax Aviator III Mechanical Chronograph
    Aviator 31681 / 3035268 Mechanical Chronograph

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Vancouver Island / California (depending on the citizenship I use)

I'm interested in that Elite vintage JFK model. Did Kennedy wear a Zenith as well as his well-touted Omega? If so I'd love to see what they run.

Also that ultra-thin looks stunning. If I were wealthy I would deeply torn between that and the JLC ultra thin. As it is I've dodged that particular land-mine.
    Daily Rotation:
    Seiko
    "Save the Ocean" Turtle; Tudor Black Bay; DOXA 1000T Project Aware (75/92); Seiko SKX013; Garmin Descent; Tissot PRS200

v76

I really like the ultra-thin ... very simple and extremely elegant.

One thing I don't like about the new 36,000 vph models is that the 12 hour chrono counter is in the foreground rather than the background (as it was in earlier El Primeros with overlapping sub-dials). This reduces legibility a little, since the second and minute counters are a bit more important than the hour counter.

Another little complaint I have is that they should have kept the Elites at 38mm (instead of 40mm) and the El Primeros at 40mm (instead of 42mm). The Elite is a thin movement and a smaller dia case would do nicely (perhaps they wanted to accentuate the thinness with the larger dia case). The El Primero is thin as well (for an auto chrono movement), and looks very nice in 38mm to 40mm cases.

Both Elite and El Primero movements are not very large in dia., and hence there is plenty of "dead space" that can be observed from the see through casebacks.
    Collection:
    A few of this and some of the other ...

"I worked my way up from nothing to a state of extreme poverty" - Groucho Marx

There is something about that retrotimer that really appeals to me, the rest of the el primero line isnt too shabby either.
    Rotation
    Omega Speedmaster Date
    Oris F1 Day Date
    Tag Heuer F1 Grande Date
    Luminox F-117 Evo
    Tissot Quadratto Chrono

Quote Originally Posted by v76 View Post
    Another little complaint I have is that they should have kept the Elites at 38mm (instead of 40mm) and the El Primeros at 40mm (instead of 42mm). The Elite is a thin movement and a smaller dia case would do nicely (perhaps they wanted to accentuate the thinness with the larger dia case). The El Primero is thin as well (for an auto chrono movement), and looks very nice in 38mm to 40mm cases.

Both Elite and El Primero movements are not very large in dia., and hence there is plenty of "dead space" that can be observed from the see through casebacks.
    Right on, reverend. I like these models plenty, but so far have not quite been able to pull the trigger (that 36000VPH Charles Vermot edition is at the top of my list). The enlargement of the El Primero powered pieces does not look optimal to my eye either, and creates an aesthetic hitch in that the subdials, which must remain centered on the existing posts begin to look crowded. Zenith tried to fill in the space a bit by enlarging subdial diameter, but it makes the overlap issue more acute. I agree that 40mm for El P and 38mm for Elite would have been better. For the record, the original El Primeros were 38mm.

On the other hand, maybe I am just habituated by all the vintage ones. I'd be interested in hearing what others think.

Below is a comparison of an original EL P (top) and the new 1/10th of a Second (bottom - pic from Guy67 of the french Zenith forum - helluva photographer).

Quote Originally Posted by LouS View Post
    ^ Have to admit I'm liking your vintage piece more, Lou... I don't know what Zenith was thinking - the 6 sub register just plain looks better snuggled underneath the other two...

Man,Zenith has really stepped up with their design.They are so beautiful.

Thanks for the link. Last I went looking for Zenith's lineup I only found one of those "virtual catalog" Flash-based paginated interfaces and therefore navigated away quickly.

There's a lot to like in the lineup. My choice would be the throwback chrono:

"It is easier to discover a deficiency in individuals, in states, and in providence, than to see their real import or value." - HEGEL

*SBBN019 and SBBN011 shrouded divers*
    The Spring Drive Landmaster SBDB003 -- My Apollo 17 Speedy Pro -- Shout-out to Konrad Damasko!
    Airwolf and Chronomaster hangin' out -- NATO nuts with DC66 and SBDX001 -- Two deadly Sinns

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information