• Tudor Black Bay

12 20.00%
  • IWC Pilot 36

15 25.00%
Like Tree8Likes

Thread: 3 Candidates for my next purchase - Rolex v.s. Tudor v.s. IWC

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

3 Candidates for my next purchase - Rolex v.s. Tudor v.s. IWC

I'm currently looking at 3 candidates for a possible purchase, any recommendations and thoughts would be appreciated.

I'm first buying 116234g datejust 36 with blue diamond dial. But that is not the issue for today's thread. I'm trying to buy a second watch that is a bit more casual and can be worn daily both in terms of design / price wise lol.

FYI I have a small wrist, and my sweet spot is from 34mm to 39mm, but for casual and sporty watches I have worn up to 42mm before. 45mm if you include a G-Shock.

Below are the models I'm looking at, they are all similarly priced from $3k to $4k. Other 2 are brand new while explorer I is pre-owned, of course.

Tudor Black Bay v.s. IWC Pilot 36 v.s. Rolex Explorer I 114270

Also FYI the last photo with 114270 is my own wrist. Can show you how 36mm fits on my wrist.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Comparative-Review-3-affordable-vintage-inspired-dive-watches-Tudor-Heritage-Black-Bay-Blue-7922.jpg 
Views:	224 
Size:	193.2 KB 
ID:	13685275Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IWC-Pilots-Automatic-Blue-Wrist.jpg 
Views:	214 
Size:	212.8 KB 
ID:	13685277Click image for larger version. 

Name:	스크린샷 2018-12-01 오.jpg 
Views:	218 
Size:	283.5 KB 
ID:	13685293
    TLUX likes this.
    Favorites brands, in order:
    Andreas Strehler, Grönefeld, Romain Gauthier, Rolex, H. Moser & Cie, Moritz Grossmann, Raul Pagés, Lang & Heyne, Urban Jürgensen, Glashütte Original, Vacheron Constantin, Schwarz-Etienne,Czapek & Cie, Zenith, Ressence, MING, Arnold & Son, Jaquet Droz, Hentschel, Maurice Lacroix, Girard Perregaux, Dornblüth & Sohn, Eterna, Parmigiani, Perrelet, Raymond Weil, Tag Heuer, Bulova, Tourby, Orient, and many more :)

~ Musician ~

Re: 3 Candidates for my next purchase - Rolex v.s. Tudor v.s. IWC

Oh and I also thought about Omega Seamaster 38.5mm.

Name:  538809001_4e6d6d7082c14cf28dd2bc84ab859f9d.jpg
Views: 206
Size:  306.9 KB
    Andreas Strehler, Grönefeld, Romain Gauthier, Rolex, H. Moser & Cie, Moritz Grossmann, Raul Pagés, Lang & Heyne, Urban Jürgensen, Glashütte Original, Vacheron Constantin, Schwarz-Etienne,Czapek & Cie, Zenith, Ressence, MING, Arnold & Son, Jaquet Droz, Hentschel, Maurice Lacroix, Girard Perregaux, Dornblüth & Sohn, Eterna, Parmigiani, Perrelet, Raymond Weil, Tag Heuer, Bulova, Tourby, Orient, and many more :)

~ Musician ~

The Tudor. Best looking of the bunch IMO.

Also those fixed bezels on the others are just begging to get scratched.
    jsohal likes this.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by KogKiller View Post
    The Tudor. Best looking of the bunch IMO.

Also those fixed bezels on the others are just begging to get scratched.
    My heart is also telling me Tudor looks great, but my head is also telling me that out of those 3 (or 4), in terms of brand value Tudor is the least.... or, I may be wrong. I don't know much about Tudor actually, impulsively found that model on sale like in last 30 mins. All I know is they are owned by Rolex and are great quality watches.

~ Musician ~

I've seen all three in person and no bad choices. But since you already have a blue I would probably suggest the Explorer as the most versatile of the bunch. The AT would also be a solid choice.
    humanalien likes this.
    "Nothing happens until something moves." -Albert Einstein
    Damasko | Hamilton | Longines | Mido | Orient | Oris | Rolex | Timex

I love the IWC but as a versatile everyday watch the Explorer can't be easily beaten. Tudor very nice but outclassed here imo.

You should go with what you really like irrespective of the brand image.
    I think Tudor is not as recognizable as a Rolex, at least i didn't know about it until i stumbled upon this great forum. Having said that, Tudor Black Bay is quality timepiece and it receives much love here.

Btw, that IWC looks fabulous on your wrist.
    Good luck with your decision, you can't go wrong with any of your choices.
    Post some pics when you get one.
    jsohal likes this.
    Casio Edifice Chronograph || Hamilton Navy Pioneer || Omega Speedmaster Apollo 17 45th Anniversary LE

Quote Originally Posted by Chris Stark View Post
    I've seen all three in person and no bad choices. But since you already have a blue I would probably suggest the Explorer as the most versatile of the bunch. The AT would also be a solid choice.
    Thanks, I was leaning towards the explorer the most too, but also on the other hand was thinking about getting something other than Rolex because I already have one and it might be best if I tried other brand too (not to mention explorer I would have to be bought pre-owned). AT is a good choice too I think, as of current I'm leaned most towards either AT or EXP I.

~ Musician ~

Have you tried on the bb? Judging by how that 36mm exp sits on your wrist, the bb is going to feel hefty for you. I have owned all three and still regret selling my markxviii. It’s slim, hugs the wrist and as a result wears smaller than its size. Aqua terra may be another good option.

If you have small wrists, you really need to try the BB on. I have 7.3" wrists and felt it was too big.

For what it's worth, I sold the BB a while back, but still own an Explorer 1 and IWC Mk18 ... so you know my vote.

Edit: just in case, I would part with the IWC long before the Exp.
    Last edited by Hamstur; December 1st, 2018 at 23:37.

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread Information