3 new project watches for your viewing pleasure.. reviews welcome *many pics*

Thread: 3 new project watches for your viewing pleasure.. reviews welcome *many pics*

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

3 new project watches for your viewing pleasure.. reviews welcome *many pics*

First a little about myself, I make these watches mainly for fun and in the hopes that with each project I can improve my skills and my arsenal of tools. This all started out less than a year ago with the purchase of a benchtop CNC mill and a new found love of watches and since then I have sold well over 100 watches to watch lovers in every corner of the planet. I am also a practicing physician in a busy group and consider this my "full time hobby".

These are my 3 new designs for the month of January, let me know what you think. They are far from conservative designs but I consider that a strength and not a liability. If you are interested in purchasing one of my creations there is a link to my ebay store at the bottom of this message. I also hope to do some WUS exclusive pieces in the near future as I get an idea of the likes and dislikes of this community.

1. 45mm Titanium Turbofan Skeleton - Full titanium case/crown, asian 6497 skeleton movement, custom cnc mill aluminum half dial, white alpha pilot hands and a panatime leather strap with orange stitching. The half dial is lumed on both sides using finer Tritec powders on the front side and ultra bright coarse grain american made powder on the back.

2. PyroLume Special Ops Prototype - IP coated SS case and crown, HZ2350 20 jewel auto movement, silicone strap, cnc machined 0.3mm carbon fiber sandwich dial and aluminum backing plate, extensively lumed with a mix of powders in a cellulose and acrylic base. I like the HZ2350 movement mainly due to its bidirectional winding rotor. I am skeletonizing the rotor to show the very cool claw foot gear that walks the winding gear. This watch is currently mocked up only (movement not ready) which is why the crown is in hack and the seconds hand not moving.

3 seconds under this 50w lamp...

and let the party begin

3. 40mm Neo Vintage Roman Dial - stainless steel case with vintage patina finish, thick beveled crystal, miyota quartz movement, nice thick brown leather strap, CNC machined aluminum dial with pitted copper metallic finish, Tritec lumed hands and dial indexes. This is a great mid sized case and there is a lot of detail in this little package.

Re: 3 new project watches for your viewing pleasure.. reviews welcome *many pics*

Wow.

Re: 3 new project watches for your viewing pleasure.. reviews welcome *many pics*

Wow indeed. Very nice work. It's really cool to see someone make a really original watch by themselves. I like the first one the most. It would look really cool with a black pvd dial/case and red lume.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

I really like the last two a lot
    edit: in fact, I would consider purchasing the last one
    Last edited by gooter; January 15th, 2009 at 03:28.

Banned

You are lying!!!
    You are not a physician making watches as a hobby. You are a very skilled watchdesigner and maker, working as a physician!
    I am very, very impressed. Your designs are truly amazing.

Rxq

Nice and original, good job.

I would purchase the first one myself,,if you ever consider selling.....

Very bold designs. "Back" lume to show off the movement in the dark - very, very cool.

yeah, wow. you could definetly find a market for those beauties on WUS.

Keep up the good work.

Anyone can buy a watch - and buy a strap that matches his belt. You're a different kind of watch person...one that I aspire to be. Great job.
    Last edited by k7lro; January 15th, 2009 at 06:38.
    Cheers,
    Gerry

Ball Hydrocarbon GMT I, Citizen Navihawk, Casio PAW1300-3V, IWC Aquatimer Chronograph, Rolex GMT-Master II, O&W ID3066, Seiko AGS Flightmaster, Baume & Mercier World Timer, Zenith Stratos Striking Tenth Felix Baumgartner

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information