3 Watch rotation Challenge
Like Tree41Likes

Thread: 3 Watch rotation Challenge

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

3 Watch rotation Challenge

Im thinking of slimming down the collection further, and was talking to a friend about this. We discovered that a 3 watch collection was not only practical but practically written in the stars!

How so, you ask?

48 hour power reserve. Many standard watch movements have some variation of 40-50hour power reserve. This means that if everything is automatic, and worn consecutively, a 3 watch rotation would perfectly allow each watch to be worn for a day and not run out of power. A 3 watch rotation would eliminate the need for a watch winder. Plus, you would be motivated to get as much wrist time in with each watch to ensure the power reserve doesn't run out.

What would be your 3 watch collection?

My current goal is:

Rolex Seadweller 4000
    IWC Big Pilot 5004
    Calibre de Cartier in Rose Gold
    E8ArmyDiver likes this.
    Current Collection

Patek 5110g
    Cartier Calibre W7100009
    PAM 111
    Rolex Milgauss GV
    Rolex Explorer I 114270
    Longines Evidenza Chronograph
    GShock

Re: 3 Watch rotation Challenge

I probably don't even know where to start.... Great that you figured out a way. I will have to think harder, and maybe, come back to you after 3 days
    Dress
    JLC Grande Reverso 986 Duotime |
    Nomos Ludwig Automatik LE | Chopard LUC | Orient Bambino | JR 1681

Chrono
    Glashutte Original Senator Chrono | Longines 180th Anniversary Numbered Edition | Zenith El Primero Red LE |
    Seiko Solar Chrono | Breitling Transocean Chronograph | Bremont ALT1-Z

Divers
    JLC Master Compressor NSA | GP Sea Hawk II | Omega PO 2500 | Tudor Black Bay | Rolex 116610LV | Longines Legend Diver | Ball Hydrocarbon Engineer – Mad Cow | Seiko SBDC027 (LE) | Seiko SNZF53

Shared wrist time with wife
    IWC Portugeiser Auto Ref 3531
    Gerald Genta Bi-Retro
    Revue Thommen – Cricket

My current three-watch rotation consists of my dad's no-date Omega and two solar-atomic quartzes. Power reserve? Meh. ;)

If I were to switch out the quartz ones for mechanicals, and then stick with Omega due to brand loyalty, I'd have:

Dad's watch
    Speedy Pro (can't truly decide on which version)
    Seamaster Pro, probably in blue.

I don't want to have to think about how much to wear each one, hence the SMP being the only one with a date. The other two can sit around for the week and, when I decide to wear them, can quickly be set to the correct time.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

The Big Pilot has a 7-day power reserve though so that means you can have a up to 7 watch rotation if they all have the same power reserve.
    domoon, dbostedo and OSUMBA2003 like this.

Three? kind of hard,,,What do I do with all my watches? I guess I could donate them to the Allen Watches for Children Foundation(fake)
    I guess, Rolex Day-Date, Rolex GMT,Parmigiani Tonda 39.....But this is make believe,it'll never happen...
    Last edited by little big feather; August 29th, 2014 at 14:54. Reason: correction, of course
    Any watches posted may be seen as gifts,borrowed or found property and not as personal property of Little Big Feather.

I'm on a three watch rotation from Monday to Friday and can't stand it.

I find one more watch is needed as your favourite can be worn twice, so a four watch rotation needed for the five day work week and a beater for the weekend.

So imho, five watches is the ultimate collection.
    Last edited by Justin Stacks; August 29th, 2014 at 14:04.
    Present: ROLEX Hulk Submariner, Pepsi GMT 16750 & 2T Datejust 1601 * PANERAI Radiomir PAM183 * IWC Ingenieur Mission Earth * BREITLING Navitimer Olympus * SEIKO Orange Monster * TISSOT PRC200 * SWATCH '86 Lancelot

Past: BREITLING Super Avenger (Sold)
    * OMEGA Seamaster Planet Ocean XL (Sold) * SEVENFRIDAY P3-1 (Sold) * SEIKO Black Monster (Traded) & Fifty-Five Fathoms Mod (Sold) * HAMILTON '60 Masterpiece Thin-o-matic (Sold)

Hunting:
    AP RO 15400

The Grail (Someday): Patek Philippe Aquanaut

Time is too precious to measure with a cheap watch * The greatest luxury in life is time. Savour every second.

Slimming down to three watches would be a disaster of cataclysmic proportions but if it really came down to it then it would definitely be these three.

Dienekes, dbostedo and E8ArmyDiver like this.
    It is just a matter of time....

Watch rotation?... What is that?
    Andres

See sig
    ⬇︎⬇︎⬇︎
    faiz likes this.
    Nomos Zürich Weltzeit • Omega Speedmaster Pro • Sinn UX

I'm on a three-watch rotation most of the time. I wear an automatic MKII most of the time and have a solar G-Shock and an Eco-Drive that sit on the windowsill and get worn occasionally. I have a few other watches that I just don't wear that much and really should sell, but I don't think I'd get much for them.
    E8ArmyDiver likes this.
    Guys, I really really really do understand that there was a hack and that my password was reset, but I'm about to take a year off from WUS if you can't stop telling me about it every time I log in. With my password. That you reset.

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread Information