3 watches Are they worth being repaired?
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: 3 watches Are they worth being repaired?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

3 watches Are they worth being repaired?

I have these three old watches that are in pretty rough shape. One is an Omega Seamaster, another is Endura, the last is Octo. Can anyone tell me if they are worth repairing to sell?

Name:  3-watches.jpg
Views: 368
Size:  340.7 KB

Re: 3 watches Are they worth being repaired?

As you probably suspected, the Omega may be. The other two - no way. I owned one of those Endura watches. it's a total piece of junk. 0 jewel unadjusted movement, iirc. I tossed mine in the trash, although looking at ebay perhaps I should have sold it for $50 or so.
    mikewood likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by rcs914 View Post
    As you probably suspected, the Omega may be. The other two - no way. I owned one of those Endura watches. it's a total piece of junk. 0 jewel unadjusted movement, iirc. I tossed mine in the trash, although looking at ebay perhaps I should have sold it for $50 or so.

^
    |
    |
    |
    This

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Honestly are any of them worth repairing to sell including the Omega? How much is that going to cost to put that into working sellable order? If they mean something to you then fix them up and wear them, if you thought you were going to buy some "Spares and repairs" Special off ebay spend a few quid getting a service and turn a profit Omega watches are all over the internet and hardly fetch big money, there are plenty of nice well looked after serviced Omega's out there if anyone wants one so people can pick and choose. A basic service of a watch these days is around £60 - £120 depending on what needs doing, then you need to clean up the dial, hands, new strap. How about you fix it up and wear it?

Banned

sure, the omega should be repaired

How much did you figure on spending and what repairs were you going to undertake.

Which movement is in the Omega and how old is it. Unless it is a special early model I think at best you could break even given it's condition. Just servicing the movement could cost $400 with a competent shop. The dial and hands look pretty sad in that small pic.
    Last edited by John MS; October 3rd, 2015 at 02:59.

you can hand polish all three of these to pretty good condition first. just a bit of polywatch or toothpaste and a microfiber cloth for the crystal, and some polishing cloth on the case.
    :)

14060m, 16200, Pam48, AT8500, El Primero 1969, Speedy FOIS, Antea KS, Orion Minimatik, ST8000SA Tourbillon, Zeppelin 7618-1

want: ALS Saxonia, PP Nautilus,

Thank you for the advice! I will check locally on the omega. I appreciate the responses. Happy Weekend!!

Its hard enough to break even on a new watch that is serviced before sale, but even the Omega you would lose big.

Only service these if you like them and will enjoy wearing it. If you are not in love with any of them and don't care to wear them, just throw them away, or do something creative with them, like a nice paperweight inside a lucite cube.
    Chronographs: Breitling 2 tone Chronomat, Roger Dubuis Easy Diver, DeWitt Academia Sequential, Franck Muller Conquistador, IWC Aquatimer, Hublot Oceanographic 1000, Parmigiani Pershing 45, Royal Oak Offshore Gstaad, Franck Muller Vanguard Carbon, Franck Muller Conquistador, Chopard Mille Miglia, Zenith Defy Aero .. 3 Hand: Angular Momentum diver, Bucherer ScubaTec 2-tone, UN MM Diver 2-tone, Omega Ploprof, Ball Hunley, Omega SM 300 Master Co-Ax 2-tone, Zodiac Super Sea Wolf, Panerai Sub 106, Muhle Glashutte Rasmus blue

does anyone of them you have a memory with?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast