3600 Euro Budget for a Dress Watch

Thread: 3600 Euro Budget for a Dress Watch

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Question 3600 Euro Budget for a Dress Watch

Tally-Ho!
    I currently own a Blue Seamaster Professional (2011) and I am looking for a second watch to wear whenever the SMP is being serviced or I have to go out on more formal occasions (which is quite often!). I'm looking for a tough sturdy watch that will last a lifetime, is automatic or mechanical and has a classic/elegant appearance. I particularly like Roman Numerals and "Tank" shaped watches such as the Cartier Tank or the J L C Reverso, unfortunately the Tank is a quartz and the Reverso is too expensive. As for metals, well I'm not quite sure, if it is a versatile watch which can also be worn casually then I would say Steel but if it's a very formal watch then yellow gold. Any suggestions or ideas?

By the way, I am looking to buy new only, I know, I know, I could get some good deals for that kind of money on second hand watches but I'd rather buy new anyway.

Thanks for your help!

Re: 3600 Euro Budget for a Dress Watch

Your in the wrong forum with that sort of money, sorry.

Quote Originally Posted by Brisman View Post
    Your in the wrong forum with that sort of money, sorry.
    Isn't Omega considered High End? I paid about 2000 Pounds for it back then if I remember. Why is this the wrong forum?

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Hi, and welcome, your better off in the Omega, Breitling and some others or the Public Forum. High end is generally more around 10 or 15 thousand pounds if your buying new, even more.

I'm not one of the lucky ones, I just noticed your new post. Honestly, head over to the the forums mentioned you'll get some great ideas.

v76

You could probably get a pre-owned Vacheron Constantin Overseas in good condition for about Euro3600, and the Overseas is definitely a high-end watch. However, you won't get anything new AND high-end for that kind of money.
    Collection:
    A few of this and some of the other ...

"I worked my way up from nothing to a state of extreme poverty" - Groucho Marx

Moderator High-end watches amine's Avatar

Hello and welcome, in my opinion even pre-owned you will be looking at higher budget for a hi-end timepiece so i suggest to move your post to the Public forum where you can have more replies and suggestions for a dress watch within this budget. Good luck!

Moved to Public.
    Oris Flight Timer R4118,Oris Carlos Coste 2007,Oris TT3,Rolex Submariner date,Rolex Milgauss GV,Rolex cosmograph Daytona,Rolex GMT Master II-C,Patek Philippe Nautilus 5712/1A,A.Lange & Söhne Lange1,Breguet Le Reveil Du Tsar,Vacheron Constantin Overseas Dual Time,Audemars Piguet ROO Safari,Omega SMP1164,Panerai 177,Panerai 88,Panerai 214,Panerai 233,Breitling Navitimer world,Tag Heuer aquaracer D/D, Tag Heuer Microtimer,Tag Heuer SLR 2007 L.E,Tag Heuer Carrera, Cartier Santos 100,Frederique Constant Austin Healey L.E,Maurice Lacroix Pontos,Maurice Lacroix MP Double Retrograde,Chopard Mille Miglia GT XL 2007 L.E,Tissot Moto GP 2007 L.E,JeanRichard Chronoscope J-051,JeanRichard Chronoscope 25030,JeanRichard Bressel 16012,Longines Lindbergh 47mm,Girard Perregaux Laureato Evo3,Jaeger-Le-Coultre Master World Geographic,IWC Classic Pilot Chrono,IWC 5001 Portuguese 7 Days,Baume & Mercier Hampton XL Magnum,Zenith Defy Classic Chrono Aero,Zenith Defy Extreme Chrono,Longines Legend Diver...etc

Moderator at Large stuffler,mike's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by The Gentleman View Post
    Isn't Omega considered High End?
    Not necessarily. Check our High-End Forum.
    Kind regards
    Mike

Instagram @mikestuffler

Tally-Ho!
    I currently own a Blue Seamaster Professional (2011) and I am looking for a second watch to wear whenever the SMP is being serviced or I have to go out on more formal occasions (which is quite often!). I'm looking for a tough sturdy watch that will last a lifetime, is automatic or mechanical and has a classic/elegant appearance. I particularly like Roman Numerals and "Tank" shaped watches such as the Cartier Tank or the J L C Reverso, unfortunately the Tank is a quartz and the Reverso is too expensive. As for metals, well I'm not quite sure, if it is a versatile watch which can also be worn casually then I would say Steel but if it's a very formal watch then yellow gold. Any suggestions or ideas?

By the way, I am looking to buy new only, I know, I know, I could get some good deals for that kind of money on second hand watches but I'd rather buy new anyway.

Thanks for your help!
    I also love rectangular watches, and I've looked at quite a few over the past couple of years. In your price range, I would go for this Zenith:

Name:  03.1965.670_91.C591_main.jpg
Views: 275
Size:  63.3 KB

Or, if you could save a little more, you can't beat a JLC Reverso. The Grande Taille is very nice, and not too far out of your price range assuming you can negotiate a good discount:

Name:  270.84.11_b_main.jpg
Views: 255
Size:  54.7 KB

EDIT: There's also the Nomos Tetra, which is a little small, and may be a bit more modern style based on your stated tastes:

Name:  D_408_TetraGross_FRONT.jpg
Views: 271
Size:  12.4 KB

EDIT #2: Have you looked at the Reverso Classique? It's pretty small by today's standards, but it's right in your price range (again, assuming you can negotiate a decent discount):

Name:  q2518412_main.jpg
Views: 256
Size:  46.2 KB
    Last edited by drewmcd24; February 3rd, 2012 at 21:05.
    Omega Speedmaster Professional 3570.50
    Seiko Sumo SBDC003
    Jaeger-LeCoultre Reverso Ultra Thin Tribute to 1931
    Rolex GMT Master II BLNR

Tally-Ho!

Thanks for your help!
    Actually the Cartier Tank Francaise is an automatic and the steel version with a leather band and deployment clasp should fit right into your budget. The Tank solo is quartz, so thats out and the Tank Americaine is gold and way above your budget, but the Tank Francaise is a good option for you -- I think.
    Patek Philippe Manta Ray (ref 2554); Patek Philippe Calatrava (ref 3520); A Lange & Sohne Lange 1 (ref 101.030); Franck Muller Casablanca (ref 5850); Glashutte Original Senator Navigator; Rolex SD (ref 16600); Rolex DSSD (ref 116660); Rolex Sub/no date (ref 14060); Panerai PAM 104; Cartier Tank Francaise Steel (ref W51002Q3); Cartier Tank Francaise 18K on strap (ref 2366); Cartier Tank Solo (ref W5200005); Cartier Roadster (Vegas Dial); U-Boat Classico PVD AB 4/2 (ref 5569); IWC Portuguese Chronograph Panda (ref 3714-04); IWC Spitfire Fliegeruhr (ref 3717-01); IWC Portofino (ref IW356305); Sinn 356 Fleirger; Sinn EZM7; Longines Master Collection Auto Moon Phase; Cuervo y Sobrinos Prominente Dual Time - Bronze dial; Enzo Mechana Sub Hatch EM001; MKII Stingray; Magrette Regattare Moana Pacific (450/500); Magrette Regattare Valencia; Brera Orologi Eterno Chrono; Deep Blue Master Diver 2000 PVD; Tag Heuer Link Professional 200M Scuba Diver Date; Seiko Orange Monster

if you are not averse to the tonneau case shape, consider the ulysse nardin michelangelo. great watch from a well respected brand; it's a little on the dressy side with roman numerals but it will fit in where the bond will not.
    Enjoying a life far better than I deserve...

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information