40th birthday watch zenith or iwc or Bremont
Like Tree10Likes

Thread: 40th birthday watch zenith or iwc or Bremont

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

40th birthday watch zenith or iwc or Bremont

Need advice interested in buying either a iwc aquatimer out the vintage range or a Zenith El Primero Stratos Flyback Felix Baumgartner black model with nylon/leather strap.

Both on iconic watches both similar price. Just need advice on long term quality and desirability. Currently have a non date submariner 14060m which I received for my 30th. Don't plan to sell the watch so resale not important.

Also tried on a Bremont U2 blue recently how does that stack up against the other two quality wise regarding movement etc.

Noticed on here iwc customer care seems to get slated . What's Zenith customer care like?

Re: 40th birthday watch zenith or iwc or Bremont

A Bremont will contain a Chronometer grade ETA movement. ETA movements are robust, reliable, accurate swiss movements that will last you a lifetime and beyond. Their biggest downside is really in their ubiquity. They're found in many MANY Swiss watches (albeit not often in Chronometer grade)... The Zenith El Primero is a horologically interesting movement as it has a ton of interesting history, but unless you think the movement itself is "prettier" than the ETA movement it doesn't really offer you anything extra in terms of mechanical functionality. The IWC Aquatimer is also an ETA movement watch, so it doesn't offer you anything movement-wise over a Bremont.

In terms of customer service, my experience with Bremont is the best I've had with any Watch company BAR NONE. When I first recieved my ALT1-Z it's GMT hand was locked at the half-hour instead of the hour, and Bremont's North American director handled the situation himself getting so far involved that I ended up with his cell phone number. Needless to say they squared me away nicely with a lovely free strap to boot.

Later when I managed to chip my bezel, they were able to replace it with a shiny new one for a few hundred bucks and have it back in my hands in less than 2 weeks. Absolutely stellar communication the whole way.

In the end it's up to you, in my opinion the Zenith is a different level of watch... but the Bremont is certainly a hell of a watch, and I wouldn't hesitate to make that choice if you like it's look and feel better.

My Bremont says Hi!

Collection:
    RGM 801A - Montblanc Twinfly Flyback Chronograph -
    Omega AquaTerra GMT - 1972 Heuer Autavia Viceroy - Ball Engineer Master II Diver World Time
    JeanRichard Terrascope - Longines Legend Diver(Date) - Luminox 6250 - Hamilton Intra-Matic(42mm) - Magrette Moana Pacific Professional - Oris XXL Pointer Day

Intagram: @dobowatches

No bad choices here, but the Zenith is the only chronograph. Is that what you want?
    Bulova 1973 Deep Sea Chronograph "B"
    Seiko 7A38-7100
    Seiko Kinetic Sports 50 SKJ056
    Citizen Skyhawk A-T JY0000-53E
    Omega Seamaster "Skyfall" (blue) Aqua Terra 8500 231.10.39.21.03.001
    Tudor Pelagos Blue 25600TB
    Jaeger-LeCoultre Master Ultra Thin Moon Black Dial SS Q1368470
    Farer GMT Automatic Ponting
    Casio G-Shock GW-M530A

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Not normally into chronograph watches but it's caught my eye also it's made out of black alchron ? Which agAin appeals as it not run of the mill steel although can't find any info on hardness compared to say the Bremont as they harden there steel used. And the IWC always felt I needed to own one and the iwc vintage has a in house movement I believe. So again not run of the mill.

Eermergerd zenith.
    akasnowmaaan and eliz like this.

where are the pictures?

Quote Originally Posted by Spudmudd View Post
    Need advice interested in buying either a iwc aquatimer out the vintage range or a Zenith El Primero Stratos Flyback Felix Baumgartner black model with nylon/leather strap.

Both on iconic watches both similar price. Just need advice on long term quality and desirability. Currently have a non date submariner 14060m which I received for my 30th. Don't plan to sell the watch so resale not important.

Also tried on a Bremont U2 blue recently how does that stack up against the other two quality wise regarding movement etc.

Noticed on here iwc customer care seems to get slated . What's Zenith customer care like?

All are excellent. Buy what you like.

I personally love the Bremonts.
    Happy 40th! FWIW: I found life got even more enjoyable after I crossed that milestone

Quote Originally Posted by CitizenM View Post
    Eermergerd zenith.
    /thread

The answer is always Zenith.

-hayday
    The pessimist says it can't get any worse, while the optimist says it can.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information