500 posts! (And looking for a winder)

Thread: 500 posts! (And looking for a winder)

500 posts! (And looking for a winder)

Hi guys, I've just reached 500 posts, and I'm also looking for a watchwinder under $200. Could you give me some suggestions? Been looking at wolf and Orbita. How are they? Anyway, enjoy some pics.

My Collection --> Click Here

Re: 500 posts! (And looking for a winder)

Grats and nice pics. About watchwinders, I reckon you can't go wrong with an Orbita. But you might find it difficult to find a wide range for under $200...

Kyle,

Check out thewatchprince.com He has both Euilex and Heiden winders. I do not know much about the Heidens, but I like the flexibility in the settings (both direction and TPD). I have tried to do some searches on them, but have not come up with much. Check the BDWF site, he is a sponsor and offers a discount for members.
    Biggest concern I have seen with winders is noisiness over time. Even some of the higher end ones seem to have some complaints.
    With your Rolee and Omega, it is important to be able to have flexibility in the programing of the winder. Even some of the better ones (eg Wolf) don't offer many program options.
    Some will argue that a winder puts more wear and tear on your watch. Comparing it to leaving your car running all the time. For me I am undecided at this point. I wouldn't mind having some of my less expensive autos on a winder just because of the convenience of not having to reset dates, but with my more expensive ones, I don't know if I want to risk premature failure.
    Another less expensive option is the Steinhauser winders.
    Let us know what you get, and post a review of how you like it.
    In the Box:

Vintage Patek Phillippe Vintage Concord Vintage Omega Vintage Movado Sub-Sea Kingmatic
    Rolex SS Submariner Date Omega SMP Bond Black Tag Heuer 2000 Series CE1120
    Ball Engineer Master II Classic BE Ball Engineer Hydrocarbon Titanium "Mad Cow"
    Ball Fireman Storm Chaser Pro Ball BMW Classic BK Ball Engineer III Legend
    Rado Ceramica Multifunction Rado Sintra Jubile' Movado Eliro Accutron VX200
    Bathys 100 Fathoms Oceanus 5 Motor OCW-600 Citizen Skyhawk Titanuim
    Dievas Divergraph Pro Blue Seiko Orange,Black"Monster" Purple "Night Monster"
    Orient Orange,Yellow,Blue,Black"Mako" Orient Power Reserve CEX0R001W
    Swiss Legend Atlantis 1000m Sector 200 Pulsar PF3 Series Chrono Fossil Chrono CH-2464
    Theorema "Monte Carlo" Skeleton Alpha Omega "Bond" Homage
    Casio G-Shock DW5600C Rare Japan V case back

....and still growing with a lot of Ball's

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Great shots Kyle, and congrats on the 500+ posts. As for winders, I don't think you can go wrong with Orbita. I've never bought one personally, just because I don't mind unscrewing the crown every-so-often and giving them a full wind. Anyway, I've heard great things about Orbita and if you can find one for a decent price, then I'd snag one up.

I've heard some rumblings about Wolf winders but I got mine second hand off the 'bay for $100 and its run like a champ for 6 months straight, no problems...

Thread Information